Exhibition: Joe Cornish Gallery, Northallerton

A place to let everybody know about the latest news, upcoming events and your projects
Rod

Exhibition: Joe Cornish Gallery, Northallerton

Post by Rod » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:41 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Hi Everyone,

Not too sure how many of us are left here on the forum these days, but thought I'd advertise the fact that I am holding my second major solo exhibition of large format work, this time at the Joe Cornish Gallery in Northallerton, North Yorks., starting this coming Saturday.

The exhibition runs from Saturday 28 July to Thursday 30 August and is titled “Floral Portraits”. I was asked by the gallery to focus exclusively on flowers as the theme to fit in with their summer-time promotion of the British cut-flower industry, though none of my images are really native flowers! All images were shot on large format 5” x 4” transparency film at Thorp Perrow Arboretum, Bedale, over the past 4 years and I’ll be exhibiting a total of 14 large oak-framed prints. As usual for me, it is a highly personal project with everything printed, mounted and framed by me. I’ve attached a copy of my publicity leaflet that gives more details.

If anyone is in the area and would like to meet up with me in the gallery, please let me know. I live only a few miles away and am fairly flexible about dates/times.

Kindest regards,

Rod.
JoeCornishExhibition.jpg
JoeCornishExhibition.jpg (233.87 KiB) Viewed 19093 times

George Hart
Forum Hero

Re: Exhibition: Joe Cornish Gallery, Northallerton

Post by George Hart » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:40 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Many congratulations Rod, and sorry I'm not able to pop in and have a look. The flower in your advert is presumably Magnolia grandiflora?

George

Rod

Post by Rod » Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:08 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Hi George,

Many thanks for your interest. It looks as though you're not really within popping in distance!

Good guess with the flower, though it isn't grandiflora. It's a similar but smaller treee, Magnolia officinalis biloba, that is now very rare, though I didn't photograph it for that reason - it's simply my favourite tree in the arboretum.

Kindest regards,

Rod.

BarryWilkinson
Forum Hero

Post by BarryWilkinson » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:37 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Congratulations Rod, I would love to see your images but I am even further away than George and not likely to be that far north for a while.

Rod

Post by Rod » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:37 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Hi Barry,

Thanks for your interest and support - definitely a long walk from Somerset!

Strangely enough, one of the images in my exhibition is Cornus ‘Porlock’, a variety found originally as a seedling in your county.

Kindest regards,

Rod.