Cotswold Salon 2012

A place to let everybody know about the latest news, upcoming events and your projects
Collas

Cotswold Salon 2012

Post by Collas » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:36 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

This was also posted on APUG, and I've got the permission of Geoff Camber to bring it to your attention.

Unfortunately, this is only for UK photographers.

Nick

Cotswold Salon 2012
The Cotswold Salon - the only UK national exhibition purely for monochrome prints - have published the 2012 entry forms on the Cotswold Monochrome website site at cotswold-monochrome.co.uk.

The Cotswold Salon has been running for many years. Originally entries were purely silver prints, but, as digital progressed, special classes were introduced thereby keeping the two methods in separate categories in an attempt to keep silver photography 'alive'.

In recent years the number of digital images has far outweighed the number of silver entries and it is now reaching the point where the separate classes will have to be combined unless the number of silver prints increases.

I am, therefore, appealing to all UK darkroom photographers who love exhibiting monochrome prints to support the Cotswold Salon 2012. I for one will be very disappointed if the Salon loses the 'Silver Photography' categories in future years. That will be another nail in the coffin for silver photography.

Thanks for reading this far.

Geoff Camber
Dedicated monochrome photographer - founder member of http://cotswold-monochrome.co.uk/