Nova Quad...Any good?

A place to talk about photography, the meaning of life and anything that doesn't quite fit elsewhere
Dave Dawson
Forum Hero

Nova Quad...Any good?

Post by Dave Dawson » Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:13 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Hi All, I have a Jobo and a Printo but was wondering if anyone here uses a Nova Quad slot processor for RA-4?

Any comments appreciated. Cheers Dave

masch
Founder

Re: Nova Quad...Any good?

Post by masch » Fri Aug 21, 2009 10:59 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Dave,

I have a Quad that I (very) occasionally use for B&W printing (dev, stop, fix and fix).
Not sure how it is for RA4 chemistry, but the B& chemistry kept very well for about a week or two without any serious problems, if you use the cover tubes. My time estimate may be a little off, I haven't actually done much wet printing in the last 5 years and I tend to work only for a day or two max usually, so take this with some grain of salt. I think the dev needed a little topping up after a few days, but not too much.

The biggest argument for me for the Nova were stable temperature (I run it at 24C) and much less space requirement (about the same of a single tray of the same size). The space saving alone is worth its cost, if you find one second hand in good nick, IMHO. The chemistry saving (OK, not much for B&W) is also worth considering. Cleaning it is a *£$%^, though :roll:

Marc
Real Photographers use METAL cameras.....
...and break their backs in the process... :)
http://homepage.mac.com/mjjs/Photography/