Black Jacket

A place to talk about photography, the meaning of life and anything that doesn't quite fit elsewhere
Chong

Black Jacket

Post by Chong » Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:21 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Hi,
I am thinking of getting one but not sure which one to get. I have a 8x10 and as fund is limited I am tempted to just get the 8x10 blackjacket and use this on the 4x5 too. Maybe I could secure it with a tie string when using it on 4x5. Do you think it will work?

Regards

Chong

Paul

Post by Paul » Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:33 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Hi Chong

The Blackjacket "concept" is very clever and although there are a few design foibles they are excellent products. The 10x8 will work on smaller cameras - just be prepared to take up the slack with the excess material - not a problem though. As for using it on 5x4 it does work okay - in fact a bit better than the 5x4 version which is, in a few peoples' opinion, too short and does not let you move back to view the screen at a distance without disturbing the camera set up. Only other advice ... it doesn't look that good when worn as a jacket ... ask Marc :lol:

Chong

Post by Chong » Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:11 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Thanks Paul.

I think the 8x10 will the route to go and thanks for the advice not to wear it :wink:. It's bad enough people looking at you going under the hood.

Regards

Chong

masch
Founder

Post by masch » Fri Aug 25, 2006 4:52 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Paul wrote: Only other advice ... it doesn't look that good when worn as a jacket ... ask Marc :lol:
I disagree. Wearing it as a jacket (silver side out) and mumbling something about "radionucleide release" is the fastest way of clearing an area of mere mortals, and allows you to shoot almost undisturbed for a while. Better make sure you get away soon thereafter, though, before the gentlemen in white with the straightjacket for you appear :)

Paul, do you remember what size the one I borrowed from you in Somerset was? I'm going to get me one myself.
Considering they are "sponsoring" us, do we get a discount or similar when ordering? How do we let them know?

Marc
Real Photographers use METAL cameras.....
...and break their backs in the process... :)
http://homepage.mac.com/mjjs/Photography/