Maxwell Ultra Bright Focussing screen

A place to talk about photography, the meaning of life and anything that doesn't quite fit elsewhere
Thingy
Forum Hero

Re: Maxwell Ultra Bright Focussing screen

Post by Thingy » Fri Feb 05, 2010 5:05 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

jennym wrote:Steve, if you are interested in a course I would get in touch with the organisers and discuss your requirements. You may find that accommodation and locations are sufficiently accessible for those with reduced mobility, even if it is a little more effort for everyone! I was impressed how well you managed in Malden.
Cheers,
Jenny
Hi Jenny, thanks. I did have a long chat with Light & Land (when I ordered their nice dark cloth) but they are not geared up to people not able to walk miles using their own legs. I have just joined the Disabled Photographers Society so something may be possible through them, though I get the horrible feeling that I may be their only LF user! :roll: :mrgreen: I would really like to do one of Joe Cornish's courses.

Steve
Love is an Ebony mounted with a Cooke PS945.......

Peter B
Forum Hero

Post by Peter B » Fri Feb 05, 2010 6:57 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Thingy wrote:I have just joined the Disabled Photographers Society so something may be possible through them, though I get the horrible feeling that I may be their only LF user! :roll: :mrgreen: I would really like to do one of Joe Cornish's courses.

Steve
There must be others in your situation Steve, so how about approaching him and asking if he could put on a course for disabled photographers? You could then put a message in the DPS forum saying you need X number of attendees to make a Joe Cornish course viable and hopefully a few would want to take up the opportunity. Can't harm to ask him. :)

Paul Mitchell

Post by Paul Mitchell » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:27 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Thingy wrote:I have just joined the Disabled Photographers Society so something may be possible through them, though I get the horrible feeling that I may be their only LF user!
I don't think so... http://www.rps.org/fenton-house/Ken-Keen-FRPS-FDPS

Ken is a friend of mine and have been out with him on numerous occasions with his 10x8 Gandolfi
When people ask what equipment I use - I tell them my eyes.

http://www.paulmitchellphotography.co.uk
http://www.arenaphotographers.com

Thingy
Forum Hero

Post by Thingy » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:04 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Thanks Paul. That's such a relief. :)

I will look at his work when I have access to a computer again, on Tuesday, as my iPhone cannot display Flash.

Steve
Love is an Ebony mounted with a Cooke PS945.......