i know this is off topis but - landscapers

A place to talk about photography, the meaning of life and anything that doesn't quite fit elsewhere
Frederick Avery

i know this is off topis but - landscapers

Post by Frederick Avery » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:22 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

landscape photographers.

i realise i am opening myself to ridicule here, in many ways i am well used to the reaction this post will provoke. but it suddenly occured to me. who watches the skies? landscape photographers must surely have noticed......

i would ask you all to watch this film in its entirety with an open mind. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tiEANm61 ... re=related

and then, should you feel like it, leave your comments and pictures here, regardless of your location in the world.

the skies have changed since ansel adams times, and this film is one of the most complete and comprehensive explanations/discussions on why that may be.

thanks

Frederick

Trail Images

Re: i know this is off topis but - landscapers

Post by Trail Images » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:36 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

This truly is an eyeopener and food for thought. To tie this into the forum here I've personally complained about this contrail issue to others and got mixed reactions from family, friends, and photogs alike. There are areas in the southwestern USA that I visit and photograph often that fall prey to this issue at certain times of the year more then others. With that said I surely thought that it was entirely an atmospheric issue and of course the amount of air traffic too. The worst I've seen was in Arches NP a few years ago shooting at dawn in bluebird sky's. Within two hours the sky was blotted out from all the contrails caused by morning air traffic. I have explained this phenomenon to others as seemingly like a nuclear winter effect. Overall, the sky is literally blotted out and lighting goes from a 3 dimensional view to a very flat 2 dimensional view at best. If you're lucky enough the damage that was done by morning air traffic is cleared out by very late afternoon and you can once again go back to photographing under better conditions but not always entirely cleared out. I'd never heard of this "seeding" process by aircraft beyond trying to control ice-fog in aircraft landing zones or applications to seed clouds to induce rain. Trying to control global warming with it is a new one on me.

Frederick Avery

Post by Frederick Avery » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:01 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

trying to control global warming is just the surface story.

i always find it a funny one - trying to control global warming, for the good of all humanity, using technologies and chemicals, proven to be extremely toxic to all humanity, and without them being told it is being done.

this is the tip of a very very large iceberg, one im not going to get into, the main reason being that its an open ended thing that just keeps on getting bigger an bigger, and also this is a photography forum.

but as we are photographers, and watch the skies for light, i was sure maybe some of you would have noticed, and once noticed, may like an explanation, and once explained, perhaps at least start to see the huge chasm between real news, and whats actually going on with disregard for human beings.

its pretty much my duty to diseminate information like this - and i chose a prticularly concise and unadulterated issue to deal with.

no aliens, no shape shifters.

real issues, real concern.

im sure some will find it hard to deal with, and i am fully prepared for the hits, but hey - we are photographers, but we are also human beings. i hope you all find this empowering.

frederick

Dave Tolcher

Post by Dave Tolcher » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:51 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

To see that this is a real problem, just look at how wonderful the blue skies were when we had the volcanic ash grounding planes for a period. The skies were truly awesone after a few days, so blue and clear and no high level haze which returned just a couple of days after they started flying again. You could watch the sky fill in as the aircraft contrails criss crossed the sky.

Frederick Avery

Post by Frederick Avery » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:19 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

its so encouraging to see that on a site for photographers, and not 'conspiracy theorists' (god i hate that term, its so condecending) there are people who can relate to what i, and many many others are talking about. its been a long hard slog and my skin is thick as seal skin from all of the laughing ive been at the wrong end of. times are definitely changing though, and i think people are starting to realise just how dishonest and frankly unfeeling and inhumane human beings can be when left unchecked. i think this issue in particular is a sort of lynch pin, because you may not like to talk about banks, you may think that the food we eat tastes right enough to you, you may accept that there will always be the controllers and the controlled, and its not something you like to think about, and it may make you feel ok to know that the civilians are being killed in our name are 'over there' and not here, but im sure every one of us would feel a deep loss at our skies become contaminated, and also concern or even anger at what we are being forced to breath in. and, if not concern for ourselves, our children. the only real tool we have any more is information, and i hope if you feel any sense of concern about what you see, you pass it to your friends and allow them to see for themselves.

richard littlewood

Post by richard littlewood » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:39 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

In many ways we are making a pigs ear of things.

dennis
Forum Hero

Post by dennis » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:05 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

There is a lot of misunderstanding about con-trails. They are literally condensation trails which are formed when an aircraft is flying at height where the dewpoint is such that when the aircraft wings form vortices at the tips as they go through the air, the water droplets in the air condense & form, in effect, cloud. Perfectly natural phenomenon - it just makes visible what was there all the time. Nothing to do with spraying, engine emissions etc. Dennis.

Frederick Avery

Post by Frederick Avery » Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:11 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

watch the video dennis, there are a lot of scientists talking on it. particularly in the states, plus various politicians. chem trails, as opposed to con trails are also mentioned in various legislative bills in the states. and also john p holdren (obamas science tsar) mentions often the need to spray chemicals containing metals into the atmosphere to 'cool' the planet. this film centres on the massive amounts of aluminium in particular being found in soil and water all over the world. it has stufff on hawaii where they are sprayed daily and the trees are losing their bark. and also mentions monsanto and the push to overwhelm non gmo food production with gmo.

its up to you, but this video is way past the conspiracy theory level.

frederick

dennis
Forum Hero

Post by dennis » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:31 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Frederick,
Not offering an argument against the video, just putting the case for con trails. Whatever else is going on I have no idea & being a conspiracy theorist am prepared to believe whatever seems reasonable. We live across the estuary from Chivenor in N. Devon & when the ASR helicopter goes over us the spray of unburnt avgas is clearly visible on occasion. Dennis.

Frederick Avery

Post by Frederick Avery » Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:16 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

ahh no worries dennis, sorry if it came across a bit strong!