does this make much sense? explaining the swing movement

A place to talk about photography, the meaning of life and anything that doesn't quite fit elsewhere
Frederick Avery

does this make much sense? explaining the swing movement

Post by Frederick Avery » Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:30 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

i made a video for my channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0x2-byZQuM4

the terminology is terrible, and novice, but im hoping it is inspiraing at least to novices......

frederick

IanG
Forum Hero

Re: does this make much sense? explaining the swing movement

Post by IanG » Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:43 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Swing can be fully explained and demonstrated in 30 seconds :D easily and memorably with no terminology needed :P

Ian

Frederick Avery

Post by Frederick Avery » Mon Nov 15, 2010 1:02 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

:) im sure it can:) however nothing i do can be explained in 30 seconds or less:)

frederick

Joanna Carter
Founder
Workshop Images: http://grandes-images.com/fr/Paysages/P ... _2009.html

Post by Joanna Carter » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:30 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Hi Frederick

Just a few constructive comments :D

Get rid of that awful, distracting music track (unless you were being followed by an out of shot demented guitarist :roll:

Try to write a script, rehearse it and then shoot the video when you have the terminology right. Wrong terminology and faltering delivery can be more confusing than helpful.

You are tending to ramble rather than being concise.

You are making mistakes, like unlocking the wrong movement, and then taking the presentation off track to apologise.

You are making a video, not making a live presentation; use that fact to make use of cuts and edits to tidy things up, even if that means shooting things more than once and then editing.

I speak as someone who has made many live presentations and wished I had had the ability to rewind and edit my words :lol: 8)
Reassure yourself - stroke an Ebony

Frederick Avery

Post by Frederick Avery » Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:44 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

ahhh you see although i agree with the fact that the music is a little loud, im getting quite a bit of feedback about the unscripted nature of the videos. the general consensus is yes there are mistakes, yes its not really straight to the point, yes in a perfect world it would be lit and edited and clean and professional, but in doing that it would lose its character. the main idea being that we are in this together, mistakes will be made, but anything i cant explain i tell you to go google, and i dont claim to have all of the answers. in a sense its a rough overview, and part of the reality is that youre supposed to go and look for yourself at the theory, as i need to too. i dotn intend it to be any more professional than a friend showing a camera to a friend who has shown a bit of interest and found themselves saying 'whats all this about then?'

i will in the next week or two be editing the sound a bit and making it less intrusive, but im afraid the lack of editing may well just have to drive you mad.

in fairness its aimed at people at the very beginning, and im sure theyll get the jist at least:)

frederick