UKLFPG SWEATSHIRTS?

A place to talk about photography, the meaning of life and anything that doesn't quite fit elsewhere
PAUL O
Founder

UKLFPG SWEATSHIRTS?

Post by PAUL O » Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:15 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Hi to everyone. Just wondered whether there would be any interest in a sweatshirt/hooded sweatshirt/polo shirt bearing the UKLFPG / lens spanner logo? Anyone interested reply here and I'll get some quotes. Paul

DJ
Site Admin

Post by DJ » Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:04 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

I'm not really the sweatshirt kinda guy tbh. :?

I like the idea though, perhaps a nice little lapel badge or something? Or how about an embroidered patch to attach to your dark-cloth?

Be nice to make something functional as well, a mouse-mat with Joanna's reciprocity tables on or something? :D

gari
Forum Hero

Post by gari » Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:46 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Hi Paul, I would go for a Polo Shirt as long as its a dark-ish color, too old to carry off say, a red or yellow without somebody thinking I am having a midlife crisis.':wink:'
Gari
you don't need eyes to see, you need vision!

Charles Twist
Founder

Post by Charles Twist » Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:19 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

A hooded sweater, a spotmeter holster and a Zenith sniper outfit: where were you thinking of holding the next meeting? It could be interesting...
Are you offering tweed sweaters 8) ? Remember our meetings invite the heavens to open up, so weatherproof is a must.
Seriously, only very minor interest from my end - a free badge or sticker, if you must.
Charles

DJ
Site Admin

Post by DJ » Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:03 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

How about a bumper sticker?

"Honk If You Like It Large" (Format)

sorry, couldn't resist. :wink:
Last edited by DJ on Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:34 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00, edited 1 time in total.

Charles Twist
Founder

Post by Charles Twist » Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:07 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Another case for going around on three legs? Or saying that my bellows extend further than yours? This is an adult site, right?
Charles

masch
Founder

Post by masch » Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:04 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

"My camera is bigger than yours!"
:oops:

Marc
Real Photographers use METAL cameras.....
...and break their backs in the process... :)
http://homepage.mac.com/mjjs/Photography/

Apple
Forum Hero

Post by Apple » Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:52 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

DJ wrote:How about a bumper sticker?

"Honk If You Like It Large" (Format)

sorry, couldn't resist. :wink:
or potentially a couple for Paul,

"Honk if you get wood for Ebony" :shock:

"Honk if you like Ebony"

or generally,

"Dip-n-dunk or hand rolled?"

"I get six shots before I change the sheets..."

"Nothing less than 20 inches (square)"

etc but this is a family site... :wink:
Full Member of the Tearoom Appreciation Society - affiliated to UKLFPG.

Joanna Carter
Founder
Workshop Images: http://grandes-images.com/fr/Paysages/P ... _2009.html

Post by Joanna Carter » Tue Nov 14, 2006 8:20 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Not only should this be family friendly, the product logos suggested might not go too well on some members bodies to which the double entrendre may not apply :?

DJ
Site Admin

Post by DJ » Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:31 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Being serious, I think something functional would be best, maybe say something as simple as a keyring, with the logo on one side, and maybe a bellows extension table on the other side. Maybe even an actual lens spanner, with the group's initials in the middle. I just think people might support it more if it had a use.

Apple
Forum Hero

Post by Apple » Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:10 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

If you want to use it as and advertisement for the group then it needs to be visible - a lens spanner is a nice idea but how many times have you used yours in public (apart from the session at the Glencoe Workshop where two were in evidence?)

Sweatshirts are OK as long as you find a suitable style / colour / range (and also one that also allows the more "fuller figured" amongst us to benefit as well...) The danger with sweatshirts etc if they're all the same colour etc is that we start to look like Howard & Hilda from "Ever Decreasing Circles" if out in a group...

Embroidered darkcloths is another option but as most people have varying tastes in these, common ground might be a bit hard to find. Peaked / Baseball caps are an option but hopeless to use with a ground glass unless you turn the cap around (do you really want to be classed at the same level as other sections of society (you could even have them in Burberry colours!) Wooly hats may be more use in certain part of the country at times and these are avalable with logos on.

How about the tripod bag like Marc has from Silvestri but emblazoned with our logo? Sew on badges could be OK but what about puncturing waterproof layers on clothing / rucksacks etc to fasten them on?

Does anybody have access to promotional gift type catalogues for ideas (without getting tacky or expensive?)

It might come down to a simple (up to 1" diameter) "safety pin" fastening lapel badge etc with the logo... (I'd suggest keeping away from the badges that are like drawing pins on the rear with a spring clasp as I've lost these fairly easily before)

As Paul mentioned, quantity will have a big slant on pice (another club I'm in looked at polo shirts and these worked out at approx £20 each for smallish quantities but there was also a minimum order quantity of so many items.)

Andrew

masch
Founder

Post by masch » Wed Nov 15, 2006 1:33 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

:idea: Is this a good time to mention that I have recently taken delivery of a really nice 532nm (!!!) laser marking system?:idea: Ideal for most metals, including silver (should you be so inclined...:shock: )

Marking a spanner/keyring/etc. is easy.
Although we usually have to charge huge sums for using it, I might be able to slip some moderate numbers through... 8)

Marc

Apple
Forum Hero

Post by Apple » Wed Nov 15, 2006 3:17 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Is this the one that went pear-shaped whilst in Scotland?

Keyrings of a spanner are a decent choice but reduced in size from lifesize as I already have a spanner - is it possible to put a mm scale on the other side to act as a rule for DOF calcs etc?

Does this laser only etch or would it cut? Just thinking of the viewing frame equipment as discussed earlier...

How about a sunrise / sunset calculator with the logo on? Similar but suitably different to the pinholesolutions one. It would need to be non-ferrous material for using with a compass.

Andrew

DJ
Site Admin

Post by DJ » Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:30 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Actually, I really like the idea of the woolly hat with the logo on, now that would be useful :D

masch
Founder

Post by masch » Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:49 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

DJ wrote:Actually, I really like the idea of the woolly hat with the logo on, now that would be useful :D
Well at Glencoe it definitely would have been... :)

Marc