Focus on Imaging

A place to talk about photography, the meaning of life and anything that doesn't quite fit elsewhere
Peter B
Forum Hero

Focus on Imaging

Post by Peter B » Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:22 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Just got the HarmanExpress newsletter in which they say :- This year we have something for everyone including live demos, special guest presenters, a working portrait studio complete with darkroom and much more! The EXPRESSshop will be there too with some fantastic show offers!

Of particular interest to this forum is that they will have a Camera Corner which will include "a range of new models from Walker Cameras." Too far away for me, but at least there will be a film and LF presence there! :D

mark e mark

Re: Focus on Imaging

Post by mark e mark » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:25 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

I saw Mike earlier this week, and saw bits of a prototype camera. It is good to know there is a new British LF camera about to be launched.
MPP VII and VIII user + Walker XL 57

Joanna Carter
Founder
Workshop Images: http://grandes-images.com/fr/Paysages/P ... _2009.html

Post by Joanna Carter » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:01 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Just to let anyone who might be going to Focus tomorrow (Monday) some of us will be there. Call me on the number on my website if you would like to meet up.
Reassure yourself - stroke an Ebony

DJ
Site Admin

Post by DJ » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:08 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

I was a bit disappointed with Focus this year, I was looking for a couple of things as bargains, and there just wasn't much in the way of bargains at all, some prices higher than normal.

Print exhibitions also down on previous years.

I did get to chat to Mr Walker though, which was nice.

Attendance also seemed down on previous years, it didn't seems as crowded.

mark e mark

Post by mark e mark » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:17 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Credit crunch, depresses numbers. Also, the last time I went (about 3 years ago), the only thing I purchased was books? The stands were offering, say £15 off a £400 item-big deal. better deals can be had if you shop around. I was also put out by the number of wedding albums and soft wear stalls. Sorry to be so negative, I will probably go in a couple of years time.

On a more up beat note, I might get to visit silverprint next week :wink:
MPP VII and VIII user + Walker XL 57