spotmeters

A place to talk about photography, the meaning of life and anything that doesn't quite fit elsewhere
Richard

spotmeters

Post by Richard » Tue Nov 28, 2006 6:54 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Hi Steve, an after-thought. Joe Cornish uses the Pentax and swears by it as he prefers to work in EV's (you can also do that with the Seconic L-608. The Pentax is small and the baterries appear to last for ages.

Joanna Carter
Founder
Workshop Images: http://grandes-images.com/fr/Paysages/P ... _2009.html

Post by Joanna Carter » Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:02 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Hi Richard

Could I ask you to repost this message as a reply to the existing thread "Spotmeter's - your opinions?"; then the reply will make more sense, should the two threads ever drift apart :)

When I see it appear there, I will delete this thread. Many thanks.

Richard

SPOTMETERS

Post by Richard » Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:27 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Hi Joanna, I hope you are well. I'm afraid that as a non-techy, I don't know how to re-post the link. My comment is also a wee bit late; I responded to the last post on page 1 of the topic - sadly there are 2 pages and Steve has bought his meter.

Joanna Carter
Founder
Workshop Images: http://grandes-images.com/fr/Paysages/P ... _2009.html

Post by Joanna Carter » Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:46 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Hi Richard

If you want to repost, then what you need to do is to hit the "Edit" button in the top-right of your post; this will allow you to edit the text of the post. To copy the text, click the right mouse button anywhere in the big text box and then select the "Select all" option on the menu with the left mouse button; this should select all of the text. Then you can right-click on the selected text and select "Copy"; this will put the text onto the clipboard so that you can paste it somewhere else.

Now go to the existing thread and click on the "Post Reply" button that you will find at the top and bottom of each page of the thread; this will always append your reply to end of the last page regardless of which button you click.

When the reply form comes up, you don't need to put anything in any of the "subject" boxes, the reply will always go to the right topic even if these are empty. Now right-click the mouse anywhere in the big text box and select "Paste". Et voilà, you shold now be able to see the message, edit it further if necessary, and simply hit the "Submit" button.

OTOH (on the other hand), if you would prefer, I could simply delete this thread.

Keith Tapscott
Forum Hero

Post by Keith Tapscott » Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:02 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

I have a Minolta Spotmeter F which has a 35.5mm filter thread ( not mentioned in my instruction booklet ), for this, I use a step up ring from 35.5mm to 52mm ( via of 49mm step-up ) which I bought from SRB. This allows me to attach filters to the meter that are the same as on the camera lens, so no fussing about with filter factors.
I also use my Canon EOS 600 TTL lightmeter sometimes, as this is very accurate too.
Cheers. :D