Newby requests help

A place to talk about photography, the meaning of life and anything that doesn't quite fit elsewhere
Ian Johnson

Newby requests help

Post by Ian Johnson » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:08 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Hi

I am a recent new member of this forum. I am in the process of purchasing a 5x4 system (Chamonix) and expect the various bits and pieces to arrive over the next couple of weeks. I have been reading as much as I can but have never used this type of camera. It would be great to see them in action. Consequently, I was wondering if there are any North-West-based members who might be out with their cameras this Sunday and would willing to allow me to tag along so I can get some idea of the workflow.

Regards

Ian Johnson

Joanna Carter
Founder
Workshop Images: http://grandes-images.com/fr/Paysages/P ... _2009.html

Re: Newby requests help

Post by Joanna Carter » Fri Sep 09, 2011 7:22 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Ian, send me a PM with details like, where you are, etc. I'm in Southport.
Reassure yourself - stroke an Ebony

Lynne Evans
Forum Hero

Re: Newby requests help

Post by Lynne Evans » Fri Sep 09, 2011 8:14 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Hi Ian

I shall be at Farfield Mill near Sedbergh tomorrow (Saturday) with my 5 x 4 kit set up as part of Heritage Day. I've just taken up residence in one of the studios there, so there'll be some of my work to see too. I'd be happy to give you a personal guided tour of the camera in action (actually I won't have any film in he dark slides, but who's to know!) and maybe have time on Sunday for a bit of a wander. Only been here a week so don't know the area yet, but there's some nice bits of river up Garsdale, or there's always Cautley Spout.

regards

Lynne