Rodenstock Depth of Field/Lens Tilt Calculator

A place to talk about photography, the meaning of life and anything that doesn't quite fit elsewhere
Valerio Trigari
Forum Hero

Rodenstock Depth of Field/Lens Tilt Calculator

Post by Valerio Trigari » Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:40 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Hello LF fellows,

the other day I bought the Rodenstock DoF and lens tilt calculator and I have to say I am impressed with it!

Although determining the DoF has never been an issue, I had problems working out the correct angle of tilt/swing. With the aid of this tool I did some tests and I got it bang on right every time. Of course the angle had to be slightly adjusted, but when for the first time I got the everything on focus along the plane of sharp focus, even at f/5.6, I was really a happy chap! :-D

Probably, with more practice, I won't need the tool anymore, but I have to say that's worth getting one, especially when more precision is required, e.g. when shooting close ups. So, I definitely recommend buying one, particularly if you're a newbie like me. But I daresay even more advanced users can find it useful.

Also, and this is very important, it only costs £22.50 at Linhof & Studio, unlike the £42 you would have to pay at Calumet. ;-)

Valerio
http://www.valeriotrigariphotography.com/

Proud owner of a Linhof Technikardan 45.