>>>>> Velvia 50 - quid a sheet <<<<<

A place to talk about photography, the meaning of life and anything that doesn't quite fit elsewhere
Dave Tolcher

Re: >>>>> Velvia 50 - quid a sheet <<<<<

Post by Dave Tolcher » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:54 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Mine arrived today to be despatched to the freezer...

Despite the good value it is actually a bad sign because it shows that Fuji have not managed to get the supply chain sorted and they have had to dump a lot of short dated film again invariably at cost or loss. This only hastens the demise of fuji importing 5x4 film into the UK at anything like reasonable cost noting that now 20shts of film is the same price as a box of QL was !! :(

Rob Cole

Post by Rob Cole » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:19 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

It's also interesting that Fuji UK sold this short-dated film stock to 7dayshop instead of it appearing as an 'offer' on the FujiFilm shop site as has happened previously. It seems like it's almost 2 years since the FujiFilm site had any sort of offer on film.

dave_whatever
Forum Hero

Post by dave_whatever » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:37 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

What amazes me is that it seems like only yesterday that they introduced the 20-sheet boxes, and already its going out of date! Fuji needs to cut itself some slack and put longer dates on this stuff.

I wouldn't worry about Fuji UK ballsing it up. As far as I can tell its actually run by a PR/marketting company, aside from holding the contract they probably have no links to Fuji in Japan. Hence if in the future they can't make business sense out of selling 4x5 film then I'm sure someone else will.