Forte Closing

A place to talk about photography, the meaning of life and anything that doesn't quite fit elsewhere
Steve Bell

Forte Closing

Post by Steve Bell » Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:37 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

In case you haven't heard, Forte, the film and paper manufacturer, are closing at the end of this month. There's a thread on this running on APUG, I think started by Uraniumnitrate, and the closure has been verified.

uraniumnitrate
Forum Hero

Post by uraniumnitrate » Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:57 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

A good news is that Kentmere called Forte and maybe they going to by a recepie or what so ever. So they are going to be strong on the market and maybe some of that nice paper is not going to dissapeare. It could be so too that they buy the whole factory who knows. I will give you info on that if I know something for sure because I'm not the one spreading rumours or false informations. But this is the fact for now and it's real. The phone call is the fact they are showing intrest.
Good for Kentmere.

That artikle give me a problem it finished with people begin to insulting me and call me anti British just because I said that I don't like Ilford. Can you believe that? Also because I called Ilfords paper soullsess. I mean not everybody likes the same cloths. Anyway they questioned my being a photographer and wanted my identity, images and all that and that other stuff. A lot's of jelleous people with no knowledge at all had jump on me.

The fact is that I'm out during the nights in the moonshine and work (insaine) but I get out more details on Forte film during a very long exposure time than from Ilford and Some people thought that I meant that Ilford makes a bad quality! I have even shut those film side by side to justify my thoughts so I'm not just saying things like others.

Ilford is a good technical quality but as always some thing works better in one situation as the other. there is no things we can call perfect it would be an ideal which is in scientific terms can not be achieved

So just because I told what I like and know they tryed to break my head. I believe we were living in the free world but not don't you get that idea. I should have learned this but I'm just a guy who says what he likes or know. My mother told me when I was a kid no matter what you do but saying strait out thing is better than not saying it at all or lie about it.

Keith Tapscott
Forum Hero

Post by Keith Tapscott » Sat Feb 10, 2007 3:48 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

uraniumnitrate wrote:A good news is that Kentmere called Forte and maybe they going to by a recipe or what so ever. So they are going to be strong on the market and maybe some of that nice paper is not going to disappear. It could be so too that they buy the whole factory who knows. I will give you info on that if I know something for sure because I'm not the one spreading rumours or false informations. But this is the fact for now and it's real. The phone call is the fact they are showing interest.
Good for Kentmere.

That article give me a problem it finished with people begin to insulting me and call me anti British just because I said that I don't like Ilford. Can you believe that? Also because I called Ilfords paper soulless. I mean not everybody likes the same cloths. Anyway they questioned my being a photographer and wanted my identity, images and all that and that other stuff. A lot's of jealous people with no knowledge at all had jump on me.

The fact is that I'm out during the nights in the moonshine and work (insane) but I get out more details on Forte film during a very long exposure time than from Ilford and Some people thought that I meant that Ilford makes a bad quality! I have even shut those film side by side to justify my thoughts so I'm not just saying things like others.

Ilford is a good technical quality but as always some thing works better in one situation as the other. there is no things we can call perfect it would be an ideal which is in scientific terms can not be achieved

So just because I told what I like and know they tried to break my head. I believe we were living in the free world but not don't you get that idea. I should have learned this but I'm just a guy who says what he likes or know. My mother told me when I was a kid no matter what you do but saying straight out thing is better than not saying it at all or lie about it.
I agree, we should use materials that suit our purposes and individual style of photography. That doesn`t make other products in any way inferior, but is simply choosing what we personally prefer.
Having said that, I do habitually use Ilford products in 35mm and 120 MF.
I am looking for convenience with 4x5 sheets and yet to decide on film choice.

Cheers,
Keith.

uraniumnitrate
Forum Hero

Post by uraniumnitrate » Sat Mar 31, 2007 7:29 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

I agree, we should use materials that suit our purposes and individual style of photography. That doesn`t make other products in any way inferior, but is simply choosing what we personally prefer.
Having said that, I do habitually use Ilford products in 35mm and 120 MF.
I am looking for convenience with 4x5 sheets and yet to decide on film choice.

Cheers,
Keith
Thanks Keith, It's feels goog that somebody understands me. I use Ilford too but only there I know the film works best. That is just one more reason for every of you to learn the materials available to us and don't be so cheap not to run some test shuts and compare. You might just find some amazing things or get supprized of the reality. :-)

Frankie.