E6 DIY processing?

A place to talk about photography, the meaning of life and anything that doesn't quite fit elsewhere
Paul Dunning

Re: E6 DIY processing?

Post by Paul Dunning » Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:42 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Just a quick update, I got my CPE2 a few days ago, film reel and various other bits and pieces turned up yesterday so I shot some test sheets this morning to try it out; popping the lid of the tank for the first time and seeing it had worked was a pretty exciting moment, now I just need to wait for the sheets to dry so I can see how the colours turned out.

One question, the guy I purchased it from gave me some collapsible bottles, I was going to use them to store the Fuji chemicals and I’ve washed them thoroughly and they look clean but I’m worried there might be some residue from whatever he had in them that might pollute the chemicals, do you think I should use them or not?

Thanks for the advice.
Paul.

IanG
Forum Hero

Re: E6 DIY processing?

Post by IanG » Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:03 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

They should be OK, you can usually tell which may have had fixer in before. Make sure you label them well - bottles and tops to prevent contamination in the future.

If you've got some washing soda (sodium carbonate) you could mix a bit up and use that to clean the two you'll use for developer that will counter any possible traces of fixer contamination. Then wash well again.

Ian