Storage of exposed film

A place to talk about photography, the meaning of life and anything that doesn't quite fit elsewhere
Julian Elliott

Storage of exposed film

Post by Julian Elliott » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:15 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Morning all

To my horror, my local place here inTours has stopped developing E6 and all other films. Outside of Tours, the nearest place is Paris, which is about 200 miles away :cry: However, I do know someone in the UK who still does it near to where my dad lives in Salisbury.

My problem is that I am in the UK only every 3 to 4 months. If I have film that has been exposed, what is the best way to keep it? I know that I could do this myself. However, I currently do not have the room where I live.

Thanks

Paul Dunning

Re: Storage of exposed film

Post by Paul Dunning » Tue Nov 15, 2011 12:34 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Hi Jules,

I think in the fridge would be best, and probably in some kind of air tight container so it doesn't get damp.

I guess your other option is to post it to a lab rather than deliver in person, depends how well you trust the French postal service.

Or you could do what I've done and start processing it yourself (not for the faint hearted but not as difficult as I thought it would be), then again a busy pro such as yourself would probably not want to take the time to do this.

Paul.

Julian Elliott

Re: Storage of exposed film

Post by Julian Elliott » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:22 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Thanks Paul. I really want to do this myself. However, it is space and also that we have a cat plus a new baby around. Until we get our own place it won't be happening.

Do I trust the French postal service? More than the UK but not enough to entrust my films!