Archiving

A place to talk about photography, the meaning of life and anything that doesn't quite fit elsewhere
Charles Twist
Founder

Archiving

Post by Charles Twist » Mon May 15, 2006 6:54 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Could you please advise me?
I am looking for acid-free plastic sleeves to hold 4 of my 5x4 trannies on each page. I also need each pocket to be open on the shorter side. The Kenro sleeves have pockets which are open on the longer side and cause the trannies to fall out. Secol do the AS202P4SE as seen at http://www.secol.co.uk/ASPAGES.SHTML but the pockets are quite a bit larger than the tranny. The whole thing takes up more room than needed and the trannies will slip around. If people know them, I am looking for the sleeves like Pro2Col offer. Having telephoned them, either they don't know where they order them from or they have something better to do than answer my query. I don't need perforations in order to put them in a binder.
If anybody can help, I would love to hear as the local lab returns my pics in individual sleeves, which are murder to keep ordered.
Thanks,
Charles

masch
Founder

Post by masch » Mon May 15, 2006 7:29 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

I don't know what pro2col are using, but I would think that the Printfile stuff on Silverprint's catalogue (www.silverprint.co.uk, look under archiving) would help?

Marc
Real Photographers use METAL cameras.....
...and break their backs in the process... :)
http://homepage.mac.com/mjjs/Photography/

Apple
Forum Hero

Re: Archiving

Post by Apple » Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:52 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Charles Twist wrote:If anybody can help, I would love to hear as the local lab returns my pics in individual sleeves, which are murder to keep ordered.
A bit off topic but I've just bought a Bisley cardfile storage twin drawer - retail price about 60 quid and picked up for 20 quid at a local office furniture supplies place :D

The drawers take 4x5 negs in the individual Kenro bags - it'll probably hold nigh on a thousand negs so should keep me going for a few years... Hopefully I can get my finger out and buy some index cards to catalogue them (don't hold your breath :wink: )

Andrew