Kodak Readyloads & Fuji Quick loads.

A place to talk about photography, the meaning of life and anything that doesn't quite fit elsewhere
Keith Tapscott
Forum Hero

Post by Keith Tapscott » Wed Mar 07, 2007 6:47 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Joanna Carter wrote:
Keith Tapscott wrote:I actually enjoy "YE OLDE TRADITIONAL METHOD"
Aha, another Hypo sniffer eh? :roll: You could always leave a bottle open next to the keyboard, turn off all the lights and put a red filter over the screen. :lol:
The stuff I use is ODOURLESS, either that or I have a very blocked nose. :lol:
I do have an inkjet printer, a D-SLR (cough, spit!) and Adobe Photoshop CS2, along with some plug ins. The printer is `profiled` too, but I much prefer the traditional silver papers for B&W prints and I`m not ready to join the `inkies` where B&W is concerned. :D
Yes, I agree that DI is an awesome imaging medium.

Cheers.

Steve Bell

Post by Steve Bell » Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:11 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Keith Tapscott wrote:The stuff I use is ODOURLESS
That can be fatal. I once muddled up measuring cylinders of odourless chemicals, couldn't sniff any difference between them, made what I thought was the right guess and ruined 2 120 films.

Keith Tapscott
Forum Hero

Post by Keith Tapscott » Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:49 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Steve Bell wrote:
Keith Tapscott wrote:The stuff I use is ODOURLESS
That can be fatal. I once muddled up measuring cylinders of odourless chemicals, couldn't sniff any difference between them, made what I thought was the right guess and ruined 2 120 films.
Hello Steve,

My chemical graduates are marked for easy identification, so no problems there.
Thanks for replying.
Cheers.

jollyroger

Post by jollyroger » Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:43 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Keith Tapscott wrote:The negatives came out OK, the one exposed at E.I.100 ISO/ASA had good midtones and highlights although the shadows were a touch too thin and lacking in detail, the one exposed at half an f/stop extra had excellent shadow details although the highlights and higher midtones were a bit dense. Perhaps a light meter setting of ISO 80 and a slight pull of development in future should do the trick.
I don't have a 4x5 enlarger, so commercial enlargements for the time until I find an enlarger for a bargain price.

I agree a cut in dev time would correct the problem so that you retain the shadow detail without cloging the highlight areas.