RIP

A place to talk about photography, the meaning of life and anything that doesn't quite fit elsewhere
Andrew Plume
Forum Hero

Re: RIP

Post by Andrew Plume » Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:04 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

thanks Charles

well.............since I only own one or two modern lenses, my 'older lenses' are clearly right up there with what you've said

regards

andrew

Dave Tolcher

Post by Dave Tolcher » Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:28 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Dave Tolcher wrote:From what I remember Joe's Ebony had the swing capability removed as a custom modification now I think about it.

This sort of image I though was done in PS from a sharp image ? :lol: Clearly needed to use micro swing.....

Happy New Year

Dave
Sorry Guys - the smiley wasnt enough obviously - I was trying a poor attempt at humour with the comments about the PS brigade. Failed - nil points !

Andrew Plume
Forum Hero

Post by Andrew Plume » Sun Dec 30, 2012 3:44 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Dave Tolcher wrote:
Dave Tolcher wrote:From what I remember Joe's Ebony had the swing capability removed as a custom modification now I think about it.

This sort of image I though was done in PS from a sharp image ? :lol: Clearly needed to use micro swing.....

Happy New Year

Dave
Sorry Guys - the smiley wasnt enough obviously - I was trying a poor attempt at humour with the comments about the PS brigade. Failed - nil points !

thx Dave

I need to work on this

regards

andrew

Martin Jan Köhler
Forum Hero

Post by Martin Jan Köhler » Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:41 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

A lot of activity lately for a forum supposed dead.

If a funeral is too lively, the bemoaned might not be dead after all ;-)

Best regards and a happy new year,
Martin

Dave Tolcher

Post by Dave Tolcher » Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:04 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Martin Jan Köhler wrote:A lot of activity lately for a forum supposed dead.

Martin
Lovely ! Happy New Year Martin. For some reason I had missed you on Flickr, some very nice landscapes.

Martin Jan Köhler
Forum Hero

Post by Martin Jan Köhler » Tue Jan 01, 2013 6:21 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Thank you Dave!

Great ones yourself!

Best regards,
Martin

Marizu
Forum Hero

Post by Marizu » Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:19 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Yep. Long live the rockin' wake!

Darwinean_John

Post by Darwinean_John » Sat Jan 05, 2013 2:25 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

I haven't been on-site for a month and whilst I have noticed activity tailing off significantly in the last 12 months I was surprised by this thread. I wasn't aware of the unpleasant event to which you refer. Whilst disappointed, I'm not too surprised though ..... I was the recipient of unwarranted negativity from S/Port soon after joining and it did initially dent my enthusiasm for the site a a whole. But, as a naturally forgiving (forgetting?) optimist, I got over it.
But, there is definitely more film and LF enthusiasm / passion out in the real world than the current level of forum activity suggests.
And, as an additional / belated new year resolution, I will try to post more on-site in the future.
Just wanted to 'put my hand up' as an active 100% film-based photog (multi-format) and LF is my fave.
My images are still rubbish but I enjoy it so there!
Despite noting the Easter-ish 2013 Lake District gathering with the intention of seeing you guys, I hadn't responded on the thread .... maybe I should have done so. I was just going to turn-up as an extra.
Happy New Year to you all and let's all have a healthy and prosperous one as well.
Happy Days
John
Still learning to see

Andrew Plume
Forum Hero

Post by Andrew Plume » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:04 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Martin

well Martin

................all that's really necessary to resurrect this, is for some interesting 'non-flaming' threads to be created

anyhow, yes a decent amount of activity, since 'vanman' kicked this off

regards

andrew

Andrew Plume
Forum Hero

Post by Andrew Plume » Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:08 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Darwinean_John wrote:I haven't been on-site for a month and whilst I have noticed activity tailing off significantly in the last 12 months I was surprised by this thread. I wasn't aware of the unpleasant event to which you refer. Whilst disappointed, I'm not too surprised though ..... I was the recipient of unwarranted negativity from S/Port soon after joining and it did initially dent my enthusiasm for the site a a whole. But, as a naturally forgiving (forgetting?) optimist, I got over it.
But, there is definitely more film and LF enthusiasm / passion out in the real world than the current level of forum activity suggests.
And, as an additional / belated new year resolution, I will try to post more on-site in the future.
Just wanted to 'put my hand up' as an active 100% film-based photog (multi-format) and LF is my fave.
My images are still rubbish but I enjoy it so there!
Despite noting the Easter-ish 2013 Lake District gathering with the intention of seeing you guys, I hadn't responded on the thread .... maybe I should have done so. I was just going to turn-up as an extra.
Happy New Year to you all and let's all have a healthy and prosperous one as well.
Happy Days
John

a good post John

a) disappointing what you have said re 'the S/Port' input - the forum has moved differently since then, I believe;
b) yes, the activity on here, isn't indicative of LF enthusiasm per se;
c) if your images are 'rubbish' who cares..............you have the correct attitude.......................; and
d) it's a long way to Cumbria..............................................but...................

regards

andrew