Paul Dunning wrote:
This is an interesting thread and I notice that threads that discuss the forum seem to get the most activity, and the ones bearing bad news, i.e. the death of velvia
oh, and of course the rather bizarre threads arguing about name colours
Personally I prefer forums which discuss images,technique and style and that doesn’t seem to happen much here, maybe that is one reason why I rarely post although I have enjoyed the two meet ups that I attended and met some nice people.
Also as somebody who shoots film or digital as the mood takes me I find the "them and us" attitude to digital that is often voiced here rather off-putting, and puzzling. Oh, and I freely admit to falling into the "Velvia/Ebony Hugger" camp and the J.C. style is definitely a big influence for me, does that make me a bad person?
Finally, I notice it's the 25th of December, Merry Christmas everyone
yes it's been an interesting thread to date (and thx again to 'VM' for kicking it off)....................................
1) yes, steps/actions need to be taken to reverse disussing the why's and wot not's of the forum in favour of 'ART';
2) Velvia, per se, and those in favour/appreciation of it, draws clear passion, I'm in the other camp re said emulsion and am happy to post on here to enable a balanced view to be discussed;
3) the 'name colour issues', presumably is regarding 'the mod's', I suspect this will no longer be (such) an issue;
4) yes, a general discussion of photography as 'an ART' (and all that goes with it) does need to get under way and preferably pdq;
5) I'm not overly against digital, it clearly has it's place and has been responsible for encouraging many more into the world of photography;
6) you are not a BAD PERSON because you cuddle your E, use V50 and appreciate the work of JC
there are many members over on the 'LFPF' who have either indicated or said that they are pretty apprehensive of posting on that forum, because of a few regularly posting hot heads and semi-nutters on there who love nothing other than a quick sharp written skirmish, which often ends up in belittling the original poster. I've often stood back because I don't want to see my rear end get blown off, this forum has an opportunity for those to air their views on here without that happening
Time, generally for this forum to move on and a New Year seems the right time for that
and...........errr, what am I doing spending time on this on 25/12????????