linhof spare's

A place to talk about photography, the meaning of life and anything that doesn't quite fit elsewhere
du a gwyn

linhof spare's

Post by du a gwyn » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:04 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

hello,my linhof fell over today in the wind.it broke the little cam that keeps the preasure on the ground glass screen as you put the film holder in.anybody know of spare's anywhere?
kind regards.

Apple
Forum Hero

Post by Apple » Tue Mar 25, 2008 8:44 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

You're probably lucky if that's all that broke - my Dad's MPP did a similar trick and it needed a fair bit of work :(

I guess unless someone has one on here for spares or you can get one in non-working condition from a certain auction site then it may be a case of contacting Linhof & Studio and asking but make sure you're sat down when they tell you the price :(

There's a possibility some of the UK secondhand places may have one but I very much doubt they'd strip one off a working camera for you.

If you're a member of the US Large Format site, they might have some resources over there but obviously there's potential issues with distance, pricing etc.

Is it possible to make the item or is it made from spring steel and a complex shape?

Sorry I can't be much help.
Full Member of the Tearoom Appreciation Society - affiliated to UKLFPG.

Photovalve

Get it made?

Post by Photovalve » Wed Mar 26, 2008 9:45 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

If it is a small piece of metal and not too complicated I would suggest you contact a local machine shop to get it reverse engineered and made. That may be the simplest and cheapest option. Send me a picture with some scale to it and I can ask at work, we have a large machine shop here.
Aiming to give my LF camera some use someday.

du a gwyn

linhof spare

Post by du a gwyn » Wed Mar 26, 2008 12:18 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

guys thanks for all your help.another gentlman from another site thinks he can help.i'll wait for his reply and take it from there.
regards.

Ole Tjugen

Re: linhof spare

Post by Ole Tjugen » Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:26 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

du a gwyn wrote:guys thanks for all your help.another gentlman from another site thinks he can help.i'll wait for his reply and take it from there.
regards.
I found it at last - so it's in a padded envelope on my table awaiting an address to send it to. :)
Ole Tjugen