Cheap short dated Quickloads from Fuji

A place to talk about photography, the meaning of life and anything that doesn't quite fit elsewhere
timparkin
Forum Hero

Post by timparkin » Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:08 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Apple wrote:When I looked at the Fuji site a couple of days ago, it seemed as though things had gone back up to full / normal price so I assumed they'd run out unless there's a hidden link - the one's from the OP are dead and Acros is back up £44 per box now :(
The v50 link still works.. just had confirmation of purchase back..
Waiting for the developing bill - 2 hours (and it's so small now!)

David Rees
Forum Hero

Post by David Rees » Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:24 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Thanks for the tip-off -- just ordered some of the Velvia 50 in sheets, for the freezer. At £5 per box, I just couldn't resist!

David.

Paul.

Post by Paul. » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:01 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Hi all,
Dumb question I know but how easy is it to decant film from a quick load box into DDS? Appreciate will have to be done in total dark but is it doable please. I have no quickload holder but do have DDS. I would be home prossesing the sheets.

Regards Paul.

Paul Mitchell

Post by Paul Mitchell » Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:18 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Paul. wrote:Hi all,
Dumb question I know but how easy is it to decant film from a quick load box into DDS? Appreciate will have to be done in total dark but is it doable please. I have no quickload holder but do have DDS. I would be home prossesing the sheets.

Regards Paul.
It's doable but buying the loose 5x4 sheet film would surely be cheaper?

If you already have some QL film but no holder why not buy a cheap Polaroid 545 holder from an auction site and use it in that.

Paul

joolsb
Forum Hero

Post by joolsb » Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:19 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Paul. wrote:Hi all,
It's very easy. The best way is to sacrifice a sheet before you try it for real in the dark by opening it in daylight to see how QL works internally. Essentially, a standard sheet of film is attached to a plastic tab at the top and a metal clip at the bottom (this is the piece of metal you see on the outside) by a fairly weak adhesive. It's a simple matter to slide the film out of the envelope and then to peel the two unwanted sections away from the film, leaving just the bare sheet. It's a good idea to wash your hands before you try this otherwise you risk getting fingerprints on the film.

I have to do this regularly as my lab charges more for processing QL.

timparkin
Forum Hero

Post by timparkin » Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:06 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

timparkin wrote:
Apple wrote:When I looked at the Fuji site a couple of days ago, it seemed as though things had gone back up to full / normal price so I assumed they'd run out unless there's a hidden link - the one's from the OP are dead and Acros is back up £44 per box now :(
The v50 link still works.. just had confirmation of purchase back..
Just got my film today ... so much film!! I feel whole again ..

Sean Lewis
Forum Hero
Workshop Images: http://500px.com/Sean_Lewis

Post by Sean Lewis » Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:24 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

I got all my film yesterday, I've got so much of it I'm wearing velvia quickload as earings. Cheers for the tip Jonathen

timparkin
Forum Hero

Post by timparkin » Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:09 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Sean Lewis wrote:I got all my film yesterday, I've got so much of it I'm wearing velvia quickload as earings. Cheers for the tip Jonathen
I don't feel so wierd now for making my cat a bikini out of exposed stickers... for a minute I thought I was conforming to 'eccentric large format photographer' stereotype...

Anybody else found uses for v50 quickload leftovers ?

Tim

Mike M

Post by Mike M » Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:57 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

timparkin wrote:
Sean Lewis wrote:I got all my film yesterday, I've got so much of it I'm wearing velvia quickload as earings. Cheers for the tip Jonathen
I don't feel so wierd now for making my cat a bikini out of exposed stickers... for a minute I thought I was conforming to 'eccentric large format photographer' stereotype...

Anybody else found uses for v50 quickload leftovers ?

Tim
hmmmm.......no. :lol:

But its a nice feeling opening your fridge door to see it stacked out with film! :D

Mike M

Post by Mike M » Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:53 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Can anyone tell me if exposed film should be stored in the same way as unexposed film (ie in the fridge)?
I've just bought a CPE-2 processor and I'm going to start developing my own E6 and B+W but to make it financially viable I'm going to have to unload my film holders and put exposed sheets back into a box and process in batches.

gari
Forum Hero

Post by gari » Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:04 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Yes, thats how I do it.
The only downside of doing it this way, which partly defeats one of the good things about processing yourself is that pushing a second sheet isn't a viable option. Of course if you only shoot one sheet of a scene then its a moot point.

Enjoy the Jobo, I wouldn't be without mine now.

Gari
you don't need eyes to see, you need vision!

BennehBoy

Post by BennehBoy » Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:28 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Regarding film life, I'm shooting Kodak 64T that expired in 2003, and it's just fine - cold stored (not in a freezer) all it's life though.
Ben