The Impossible Project

A place to talk about photography, the meaning of life and anything that doesn't quite fit elsewhere
Tim Myers
Forum Hero

The Impossible Project

Post by Tim Myers » Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:53 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Aiming to return Polariod integral film to production in 2010.
http://www.the-impossible-project.com/beta/

Emmanuel Bigler
Forum Hero

instant film to be re-manufactured in the Netherlands

Post by Emmanuel Bigler » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:28 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Yes, this very interesting info was also passed to the French LF forum.
The main question, as far as I am concerned, is that the factory (as far as I've read on their web site) in the Netherlands was equiped to manufacture instant Polaroid film for amateur cameras, not the peel-apart type; and to date, the P/N type (665 or 55) does not seem to be in the "TO DO" list of the company.
I dare to say : P/N 665 and 55 are the only types of former Polaroid products really attractive to me as a MF/LF user.

So, as far as I am concerned, wait and see.
And the company being supported by Harman/Ilford, if we trust the web page, everything is possible regarding B&W instant products !
I remember that recently there has been a very official press release by the Harman/Ilford people stating that nothing could be foressen to continue ex-Polaroid B&W instant products at Harman/Ilford. But things are changing !

As an uncompromising euro-patriot, I should add that I admire the European entrepreneurs who dare to re-start this business ;) and if supported by Harman/Ilford, it is even better, it proves that Europe can be the best when putting the efforts in common !