Colour Hand Printing

A place to talk about photography, the meaning of life and anything that doesn't quite fit elsewhere
Nat

Colour Hand Printing

Post by Nat » Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:49 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Hi all, does anyone know of a good lab or technician they could recommend for colour hand printing of 5x4 negatives, preferably on the south coast to Guildford area if possible? Have any of the members used Spectrum in Brighton for hand printing and do they recommend them?

Many thanks

Nat

Sean Lewis
Forum Hero
Workshop Images: http://500px.com/Sean_Lewis

Post by Sean Lewis » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:41 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Hi Nat

I use Spectrum a lot to develop my B/W negs. I've had some colour work prints done there in the past but you'll have to speak to them about hand printing. The staff there are very friendly, helpful and professional and I've never had any problems with them. I also recommend The Vault in Brighton ( www.thevaultimaging.co.uk ) who develop my colour trannys. Again I'm not sure about their hand colour printing, but their service is top class and they couldn't be more helpful.

Regards

Sean

Nat

Post by Nat » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:01 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Hi Sean
Thanks for the info, I have spoken to Spectrum and they offer ‘Master and Edition’ handprints. I also looked at ‘Vault’, they do not offer hand printing, but offer a host of other photographic services.

Kind Regards

Nat