Sods Law

A place to talk about photography, the meaning of life and anything that doesn't quite fit elsewhere
Paul.

Sods Law

Post by Paul. » Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:46 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Got out with the Sinar yesterday all did not go well, after a bit of difficulty getting the darkslide back in removed film holder to find sheet of HP5 hanging out of camera, :oops: moved on and managed to suffer total brain fade and give Velvia 50 32 second exposure instead of 3.2. :shock:
Today thought things going a lot better when I modified an old Kodac print drum to develope film all went well until sat in the dark I could not feel any film in the DDS, thinking there must be one in there somewhere had another scratch around still could not feel anything, turned lights on and yes it was there but now half exposed to white light. managed to get other sheet loaded and proceeded to over develope it.
As a test I developed the half sheet at modified dev time, only bloody perfection just half a picture, good job I saved the good half. :lol:
So all in all I have 1 B&W neg and Half a transpeancy to show for the weekends photo trip, have not even tried printing the neg yet nor will I until I have decided my luck has changed. :roll:
Hope you all had a better weekend.
Regards Paul.

masch
Founder

Post by masch » Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:45 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Reminds me of the two brilliant shots I made once.....
On the same quickload sheet... :roll:

Marc
Real Photographers use METAL cameras.....
...and break their backs in the process... :)
http://homepage.mac.com/mjjs/Photography/

Steve Gledhill

Post by Steve Gledhill » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:34 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

It's good to get all the pent up bad luck out of the way in one weekend ... so you'll be ok for a while now :)

Paul Walding

Post by Paul Walding » Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:01 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

I always feel better after hearing about other peoples mishaps, it puts my own in perspective!........Paul :)

Steve Gledhill

Post by Steve Gledhill » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:05 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

I've just remembered a personal howler ...

13 or 14 years ago whilst on my first photo trip to the US it was only the second or third time I'd used a changing bag. I was unloading and reloading about 6 double film holders. Job done I then got my arms out of the bag and went to unzip the bag and ... I hadn't zipped the bag up :oops:. I blamed it on the poor bag design - the zip was either on the side (or the back) of the bag where I couldn't see it. Ok, I should really blame myself - no excuses. So, I not only lost my precious exposures but I fogged a box of film too. So far that's been the first and only time I've done that. But, what's to say I can't repeat it. At least now my changing bag is zipped up on the side immediately in front of me so I have absolutely no excuses.