Somerset Levels

Get-togethers and meetings organised by members
Guy

Somerset Levels

Post by Guy » Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:56 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

All

very nice to meet you over the weekend. Many thanks to Jo / Paul for organising it all. I should be able to post some images towards the end of the week (fingers crossed! )

& if the weather has been good this is what we might have seen...!
http://guyaubertin.com/gallery8.htm

Guy

P.S - Mark, the forum is great! How about a gear discussion area? :wink:

Apple
Forum Hero

Post by Apple » Sun Apr 23, 2006 7:08 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Hi all, thanks for the weekend. Another good gathering of likeminded people.

The weather was great for inside churches :D

Has anybody looked at the English Heritage website to see if Muchelney Abbey was supposed to be open today after half a dozen of us stood there for nearly an hour this morning? :(

Who else came home to blue skies and white clouds - we did on entering Yorkshire (rearrange the following: sun righteous on shines the) 8)

Steve Bell

Post by Steve Bell » Sun Apr 23, 2006 10:23 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

I noted down the local English Heritage office number off the Abbey board, to phone Monday morning.

I mentioned the Abbey not being open when I was in John leach's pottery later. His wife thought it odd seeing 4 cars outside when there's usually none. He said it was normally open.

Popped into Glastonbury on the way back, then had a look at Barrow Mump. There was a very inquisitive herd of bullocks there. Light was flat as usual, and with a few spots of rain. Back home the weather was much worse.

SteveH
Forum Hero

Post by SteveH » Mon Apr 24, 2006 8:48 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Hi All,

This was my first event with the group and it could not have been better (apart form the weather, which was probably my fault as I work at the Met Office but they hav'nt shown me the controls yet). Good company, good beer and lots of useful info (thanks to Jo for the Photoshop stuff).

Looked out of the window on Sunday morning and decided to go straight home - horrible weather!

I really look forward to taking part in the group in the future.

Steve
Big is beautiful.

charles hart

Somerset levels workshop

Post by charles hart » Mon Apr 24, 2006 3:57 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Hi, all,
This was my first meeting with the group. I enjoyed it very much. Thanks to Jo and everyone else who helped with the arrangements. The weather and light on Sunday morning looked unpromising, so I decided to head home. It hasn t improved since. Thanks also to the manufacturers who gave sponsorship.

Charles Hart