Autumn 2009 Workshops

Get-togethers and meetings organised by members
Joanna Carter
Founder
Workshop Images: http://grandes-images.com/fr/Paysages/P ... _2009.html

Autumn 2009 Workshops

Post by Joanna Carter » Fri Jun 26, 2009 7:26 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

OK folks, I know it might seem a bit early but, since there will be two workshops this autumn, we thought we'd better give you plenty of time to book that all important time off work if necessary.

UK
Paul Owen will be organising the UK workshop this time and, surprise :roll: it should be somewhere in Wales, yet to be finalised. Paul will confirm the dates but we think it will be towards the end of October.

Since people seemed to rise to the challenge in Maldon, this workshop will not be simply a get-together where we go our separate ways during the day and only meet up for the evenings, we will be setting locations and challenging you to make images from what you find in front of you :twisted:

France
This year, I have been busy organising a three day introductory workshop for our French photographic cousins, to take place from the 9th to the 11th of October in the Val de Rance area near St Malo. Return ferry fares should be less than £200 for a car and passengers and sailings can be had from Portsmouth or Poole to St Malo or Cherbourg.

The main aim of the workshop is to introduce people to the delights and mysteries of LF photography, and to that end we have organised French tutors for the French attendees. Therefore there is a charge of €290 (plus accomodation and meals) for the weekend if you wish to come along as a "learner", but we are also looking for people who fancy a working holiday, where the charge could be reduced in exchange for your help in teaching someone else - but only if there are people to teach :!:

We are hoping to publicise this workshop amongst both the French and UK photographic clubs, but if you know of anyone who might be interested in attending as a learner, please put them in touch.

Because we don't want to exceed two/three learners per tutor, and to ensure sufficient accomodation, places will be limited. But, if you would like to arrange a short break in the Brittany area, we could certainly provide you with some interesting locations to photograph, and you would be welcome to join Helen and myself as we move further west into Brittany for the following couple of weeks.
Reassure yourself - stroke an Ebony

jennym
Forum Hero

Post by jennym » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:06 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Wales sounds great. Many thanks to Paul for being willing to organise it. If dates are not already fixed, the last week in October is half term and some of us with children may find it difficult to get away. But I appreciate that week may be easier for teachers for example, and no date will suit everyone.

Paul Arthur
Forum Hero

Post by Paul Arthur » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:42 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Would definitely be interested in the Wales trip... If it's weekends, I've only got the 10/11th free though so it'd be great if it was that weekend?

Nigels
Forum Hero

Post by Nigels » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:43 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Any idea where in Wales yet? I'm taking 4 days in July to check out Barmouth, the Mawddach estuary and Cader Idris. I will of course post any interesting images I take on here for a little bit of critique.
Regs, Nigels.
[User of Ebony 45SU + 58, 80, 150 & 270 mm Lenses, and all the essential bits]
"He wears the sweeping landscape in the crystal of his eye."

Paul Mitchell

Post by Paul Mitchell » Mon Jun 29, 2009 2:56 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Wales in October sound good to me

Paul