Autumn 2009 - Workshop details

Get-togethers and meetings organised by members
TimH

Re: Autumn 2009 - Workshop details

Post by TimH » Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:02 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Yes Please - I'm aiming on coming to this one too... Hopefully coming up early on the previous Monday.thks Tim
Digi-snapper now (finally) turned LF shooter hmm been doing this long enuff - Now LF photog !

PAUL O
Founder

Post by PAUL O » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:30 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Snowdonia Workshop update - the state of play at the moment is as follows:

There are approx 16 people showing an interest in the workshop - either for part or all of the weekend;
I've booked the Community Centre at Capel Curig for both Friday evening and all day Saturday (incl the evening). There is a fully fitted kitchen on site and I will provide tea/coffee/milk/biccies etc for the weekend - I plan on cunningly slipping a few extra items into my wife's shopping trolley during the run up to the weekend :shock:
There is car parking for 5 cars at the centre but as the key-holder is based next door in the Tyn Y Coed Hotel he is happy for us to park in their car park too.
I've had a reply from Cobdens Hotel and there are plenty of rooms available for the weekend BUT they are expecting them to fill up as the Snowdon Mountain Marathon is also on during this weekend. They can't offer any "deals" due to the fact that they will fill up quickly.
I have arranged for menus to be sent to me a bit nearer the date and thought, following tradition, that we could all have a meal together at either the Tyn Y Coed or Cobdens hotel on Saturday night? There will hopefully be room for some dealing here to get a good price as they will require a pre-order on the food so I will try my best!!
My advice regarding accommodation is to get in anywhere where you can find a room! The Pen Y Gyrd at the foot of Snowdon fills up very quickly this weeked but a great many of those who take part in the Marathon do stay at the local campsites.
There is little choice of accommodation in Capel Curig itself - it's only little! But there is plenty available in Betws Y Coed a few miles or so down the road.
Thinking ahead and trying to cover all eventualities if the weather is so bad that people don't want to venture out then I will try and put on a programme of "indoor events"!!!! So, if anyone has a party-turn then please get in touch and I can pencil you in! Remember. this is an informal affair so feel free to come forward with ANY ideas that even remotely feature LF photography. Likewise if people want to bring some of their photos along for a serious (yeah right :lol: ) critique then please feel free! Please don't leave this till the last minute!
I've sussed out a few more locations and I will put together a suggested list a few weeks before so that people can research where they fancy going.
I will also need a list of everyone's mobile numbers nearer the date.
I know that a few of us have a good knowledge of the area so if there is a hidden gem that you fancy sharing or leading a group to visit; again please let me know.
Now the nasty bit ... traditionally the organiser asks participants for a donation to cover the cost of hiring a venue to meet. In some cases this hasn't been necessary because we've met in a pub! However, I feel there is a lot of benefit in having a base to meet over the weekend where we can "do our LF thing" in privacy :oops:
The cost of the community centre for the weekend is £70. If people want to bring along their own "poison" to recreate a pub atmosphere then fine but (as I said) I will provide tea/coffee etc. If everyone agrees I propose that we split the cost of the centre hire between those who take part on the workshop? At present numbers that would mean a contribution of £4.30 per person.
I'm hoping to pop up to Snowdonia within the next few days to further research some promising locations so watch this space!

PAUL O
Founder

Post by PAUL O » Sat Sep 26, 2009 9:46 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Okay ... the Autumn LF Gathering is just a few weeks away and I'd like some idea of numbers of people who are 100% sure that they will be attending :D

Once I've got final figures I can arrange for a menu for Saturday night, let everyone know the choices and then take food orders if necessary.

So, if you are coming along could you please PM me with your name and mobile number.

Thanks
Paul

PAUL O
Founder

Post by PAUL O » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:17 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Apologies for this but could all those attending the gathering in Snowdonia this coming weekend please have a look at the following link and let me have their choice of meals for Saturday evening?

http://www.tyn-y-coed.co.uk/item/tyn_y_ ... _food.html

click on website link to Bar Menu (half way down page)

Could everyone let me have their choices by WEdnesday evening?

Thanks

Paul

Joanna Carter
Founder
Workshop Images: http://grandes-images.com/fr/Paysages/P ... _2009.html

Post by Joanna Carter » Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:51 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Hi Paul; it may be their server but the link you posted doesn't work at the moment.
Reassure yourself - stroke an Ebony

PAUL O
Founder

Post by PAUL O » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:02 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Plans for this weekend!

Meet Friday evening from 6.30pm in the Capel Curig Community Centre - I am hoping to be there from about 6pm. I will bring coffee, tea, etc! We can then discuss plans/get to meet everyone!

Regards

Paul

Joanna Carter
Founder
Workshop Images: http://grandes-images.com/fr/Paysages/P ... _2009.html

Post by Joanna Carter » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:51 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

And whilst you're living it up in "them there hills" spare a thought for those of us suffering all manner of privations, running our workshop in deepest darkest France. What could be worse than having to finish a course of antibiotics which forbids the consumption of alcohol :oops:
Reassure yourself - stroke an Ebony

Charles Twist
Founder

Post by Charles Twist » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:23 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Er, going on a photo-shoot with me in Snowdonia...?
Charles

PAUL O
Founder

Post by PAUL O » Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:43 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Many thanks to all those who ventured to Snowdonia this weekend!

The weather was excellent - until I turned up and brought showers and an immediate chage in light and wind conditions :shock: According to Tim H I am now the official "UKLFPG Jonah" :evil:

Apologies (again) for my departure at Cwm Orthin on Saturday pm - Dad is doing fine now and has agreed to take things slowly until replacement hip is fully functioning :?

TimH

Post by TimH » Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:03 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Hi Paul - Nah - you cant be the real Jonah as it rained Sunday too :-) Thanks for the organisation on this one - assuming stuff develops ok should have some great shots. Glad yer dads gonna be fine. best Tim H
Digi-snapper now (finally) turned LF shooter hmm been doing this long enuff - Now LF photog !