Workshop venues

Get-togethers and meetings organised by members
John Fontana

Workshop venues

Post by John Fontana » Thu May 11, 2006 9:23 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

It is obvious that arranging a workshop venue is frought with difficulty.
Can I make a suggestion that at each future venue, one member offers or is appointed to arrange the next one, with him having the choice of area and being responsible for liasing with members by e-mail for numbers, and being responsible for arranging accommodation. He would circulate members with details of accommodation, area , catering etc etc that he had planned, and those interested would commit, and then he (or she!) could get on and make arrangements.
Just a thought...
John

Charles Twist
Founder

Post by Charles Twist » Sat May 13, 2006 6:09 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Not a bad idea in some ways. Just a couple comments: (i) I think that Jo has gained considerable experience in organising these get-togethers and now has a routine - which cuts out a lot of the stress. (ii) We have the workshops at lf-photo email address which is useful for organising these get-togethers (inc. sponsorship). I am not sure how good an idea it is to have different people responding to the same address. My feeling is that Jo should remain in charge. (iii) I am sure that everyone will benefit from the local knowledge of a few. Should the few be willing to liaise and work with Jo, I am sure she will be delighted for the help. Many hands make light work.
Jo to confirm all of that, though, of course.
Charles