help

Get-togethers and meetings organised by members
Barry Fisher

help

Post by Barry Fisher » Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:31 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Hi everyone,
I am revisiting large format photography and would like to accompany someone, who knows what they are doing, on a day out.
I live in Dronfield in Derbyshire and have a car, so can travel if need be.
If anyone is interested in helping me to regain my confidence, I would be most appreciative.
I can be contacted on by the PM system or by carrier pigeon.

Thank you in advance,

Barry
Last edited by Joanna Carter on Sat Oct 22, 2011 4:51 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed phone numbers and email address - pleaase use PM system for contact

IanG
Forum Hero

Re: help

Post by IanG » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:04 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

You can pop down to Worcestershire if you want, I've been shooting LF since 1976 with a very wide variety of cameras and lenses. Your 90 mins away approx.

There's another member in Essex who'd like some help so maybe we can set up something for you both fairly soon.

Ian

dave_whatever
Forum Hero

Post by dave_whatever » Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:30 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Hi Barry. I'm in sheffield so not far from you. Don't get the luxury of full days out very often, but by all means send us a telegram if you don't get a better offer.

Charles Twist
Founder

Post by Charles Twist » Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:04 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Hello Ian,
Neither of the two folk who have run workshops in the past - aka the Northern Clique :wink: - have the time to set something up for this autumn. Would you like to organise a workshop in your area? It'd be a matter of choosing a location that has some indoor and some outdoor photographic potential (given the time of year). It should also have sufficient accommodation for one or two dozen folk, depending on demand. Workshops usually attract a good mix of levels from the experienced to the novice, so there'll be plenty of helping hands to show people the ropes.
Not sure when the right date would be as we are rapidly approaching the Christmas season. Might be a case for a winter workshop? Or a snap decision on an earlier date? Holding the workshop over a couple days makes sense in order to make it worthwhile for the folk who travel several hours.
Anyway have a think and let us know if we can help.
Regards,
Charles

Fourtoes
Forum Hero

Post by Fourtoes » Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:33 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

I might even break out the p;d 5x4 film camera....maybe. Keep me posted.

Joanna Carter
Founder
Workshop Images: http://grandes-images.com/fr/Paysages/P ... _2009.html

Post by Joanna Carter » Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:57 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Fourtoes wrote:I might even break out the p;d 5x4 film camera....maybe. Keep me posted.
Film? You mean you've heard of that new-fangled stuff? Next thing we know you'll be using digital :P :D
Reassure yourself - stroke an Ebony

Andrew Plume
Forum Hero

Post by Andrew Plume » Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:59 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

IanG wrote:You can pop down to Worcestershire if you want, I've been shooting LF since 1976 with a very wide variety of cameras and lenses. Your 90 mins away approx.

There's another member in Essex who'd like some help so maybe we can set up something for you both fairly soon.

Ian

Ian

you can rope me in too, if it helps

best

andrew

IanG
Forum Hero

Post by IanG » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:22 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

OK lets set up a mini workshop for November then discuss a more serious and intense one at a venue with accomadation over a weekend.

I'll provide a variety of alternative cameras and lenses from Speed Graphics to monorails, field and technical cameras as well as smaller & larger (10x8) lf cameras. It needs to be done there's a definite demand.

Ian

Charles Twist wrote:Hello Ian,
Neither of the two folk who have run workshops in the past - aka the Northern Clique :wink: - have the time to set something up for this autumn. Would you like to organise a workshop in your area? It'd be a matter of choosing a location that has some indoor and some outdoor photographic potential (given the time of year). It should also have sufficient accommodation for one or two dozen folk, depending on demand. Workshops usually attract a good mix of levels from the experienced to the novice, so there'll be plenty of helping hands to show people the ropes.
Not sure when the right date would be as we are rapidly approaching the Christmas season. Might be a case for a winter workshop? Or a snap decision on an earlier date? Holding the workshop over a couple days makes sense in order to make it worthwhile for the folk who travel several hours.
Anyway have a think and let us know if we can help.
Regards,
Charles

Neil Barnes
Forum Hero

Post by Neil Barnes » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:12 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Depending on the date, I could drag myself up to a midlands meet.

Neil

Tony

Post by Tony » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:07 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

IanG wrote:OK lets set up a mini workshop for November then discuss a more serious and intense one at a venue with accomadation over a weekend.

I'll provide a variety of alternative cameras and lenses from Speed Graphics to monorails, field and technical cameras as well as smaller & larger (10x8) lf cameras. It needs to be done there's a definite demand.
Hello Ian have you got any dates/venue in mind ? the chamonix could do with a dust off :D

Tony

IanG
Forum Hero

Post by IanG » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:46 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Neil Barnes wrote:Depending on the date, I could drag myself up to a midlands meet.

Neil
Dates to suit you and others like Tony etc, we could maybe have a day out in the Peak District. It's an hour for Tony and myself and not too bad from you either as the roads are quite good :D

Maybe the 2nd weekend in November ?

Ian

Neil Barnes
Forum Hero

Post by Neil Barnes » Wed Oct 26, 2011 8:38 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Potentially, though the peaks are a fair old drag for me - good three hours. Being picky, I'd prefer something south of Brum...

IanG
Forum Hero

Post by IanG » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:32 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Neil Barnes wrote:Potentially, though the peaks are a fair old drag for me - good three hours. Being picky, I'd prefer something south of Brum...
Maybe East of Bham so easy access from M1 North & South, and M50, will have a think. Suggestions welcome.

Ian

Lynne Evans
Forum Hero

Post by Lynne Evans » Fri Oct 28, 2011 4:06 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

A few years back I went on a photography day out to Bradgate Park in Leicestershire, which was OK, especially for autumn. A wide variety of habitats, rocky moorland, mixed woodland, stone walls etc. Not great for stunning views but lots of bits and pieces to get to grips with LF techniques. http://www.visitleicester.co.uk/england ... e-park.php[/url]

On the other hand, if you don't mind heading north west of Birmingham, The Roaches north of Leek off the A53 are brilliant, as is the river at Wilboarclough a few miles away.

Neil Barnes
Forum Hero

Post by Neil Barnes » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:08 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Ach, don't think too hard on my behalf, looks like I'm tied up for most of November weekends...

Neil