Dev : Pyrocat-HD (2:2:100)
Print Process : Kallitype
Print Dev : Borax

All comments welcome!

Phill

Chong

Post by Chong » Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:35 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Both are beauty.

2.5 minutes exposure and you still get some details in the highlight. I am not familiar with pyrocat. Is that very diluted concentration? How long did you develop your negative in that soup?

Regards

Chong

philldresser

Post by philldresser » Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:39 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Chong wrote:Both are beauty.

2.5 minutes exposure and you still get some details in the highlight. I am not familiar with pyrocat. Is that very diluted concentration? How long did you develop your negative in that soup?

Regards

Chong
Chong

Pyrocat is a staining pyro developer. It can be used quite dilute (Normal negs 1 part A : 1 part B : 100 parts water). For the Alt negs you double up on the A and B solution. Dev time was 13 mins to keep the highlights under control, normal for this neg would have been 15 mins

Phill

PS In a former life I used to do business with BRINDLEY BROTHERS PTY LTD of Coff's Harbor.

Chong

Post by Chong » Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:26 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Hi Phil,
Thanks for that. I have a negative which I have not developed yet because of high contrast in the scenery and the developer that you are using would be what I am looking for. I have developed a negative taken at the same place and it is unusable. Highlights all blocked up. Do you made the developer yourself?

PS I don't understand what you meant by past life you were dealing with a company at Coffs Harbour. Have you been to CH before?

Regards

Chong

philldresser

Post by philldresser » Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:54 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Chong wrote:Hi Phil,
Thanks for that. I have a negative which I have not developed yet because of high contrast in the scenery and the developer that you are using would be what I am looking for. I have developed a negative taken at the same place and it is unusable. Highlights all blocked up. Do you made the developer yourself?

PS I don't understand what you meant by past life you were dealing with a company at Coffs Harbour. Have you been to CH before?

Regards

Chong
Chong
Sorry if my comments confused, I am a horticulturist by trade and used to buy plant material for propagation from them. I was living in Cape Town at the time. No, never been to Coff Harbour. I no longer work in the horticultural industry.

The pyrocat dev is an open source formula. It can be used to expand and contract neg density. It is a staining dev and so helps a lot with Alt Proc work because it blacks UV light (stain) which increases relative density. I am no expert on this but the 'inventor', Sandy King, has published lots of articles on its merits. Try herehttp://www.unblinkingeye.com/Articles/P ... rocat.html
for more info

Cheers

Phill