Latest Efforts

If you want comments on your images.
Helen Summers
Founder

Latest Efforts

Post by Helen Summers » Thu Nov 23, 2006 12:53 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

This picture of Glasson Dock appealed because an awful white dinghy with an orange tarpaulin that spoilt our colour shot had finally gone. Unfortunately, some clot has now left a caravan to spoil the shot. Sometimes you just can't win :?

Jodrell Bank telescope was proving an elusive target but was successfully captured, in spite of the telescope ducking and diving. The previous attempt that you can't see was ruined because it moved just as I was taking the shot.

Finally, here is a B&W version of Joanna's shot taken under the Victoria Baths. We are starting to experiment with N- and N+ development to improve the range of B&W negs; this shot had a range of 10 stops, so we dev'ed it at N-2 and it really made printing it a lot easier.

Steve Bell

Post by Steve Bell » Thu Nov 23, 2006 1:38 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Some nice images. I like the shot from from the Victorian Baths. Pity I didn't find the entrance to that area on the first visit, I never made the second.

Have you tried increasing the dynamic range of the film by merging mutiple exposures? This is something I've still to try.

Apple
Forum Hero

Post by Apple » Fri Dec 08, 2006 11:54 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Steve,

Do you mean exposing one sheet for the highlights and one for the shadows and "bunging them together" (technical terminology) in Photoshop or is it something us wet workers can do?

Andrew
Full Member of the Tearoom Appreciation Society - affiliated to UKLFPG.