MPP Mk Viii incl 150mm xenar - sold

Anything to sell (WTS) or looking for anything specific (WTB)? Anything advertised on this forum comes with the usual "buyer beware" advice; it is up to the purchaser to assure themselves of the integrity of the supplier and item being sold. It is also the responsibility of the seller to ensure that payment is forthcoming before parting with said item.
Dave Tolcher

MPP Mk Viii incl 150mm xenar - sold

Post by Dave Tolcher » Wed Jan 20, 2010 7:37 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

MPP Mk Viii with rotating back and hood. This isnt in great condition but is fully functional and light tight. It has no rangefinder. I bought from Mifsuds some while back including a nice 150mm xenar on synchro compur (on an MPP board) which appears to be OK throughout.

The camera, I suspect, hasnt seen much outdoor use in that it has Loughborough Science Dept engraved on one of the focus rails. There is the tiniest pricking of rust coming through in a few places and it would benefit cosmeticallly from re-covering if you are fussy. The front movements had been taped up which has left some marks on the bellows. From the description it sounds like this is a bit of a dog - but I have had the pleasure over the years of owning a few of these cameras and this one is actually in quite good nick. All the functional components work very smoothly and well.

I can put up some pics if required.

Priced very favourably at £150.00 including lens and board plus p&p of your choice.

Additionally I have some extra copal 0 and copal 1 boards andoised black aluminium for sale at £25.00 ea
Last edited by Dave Tolcher on Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:50 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00, edited 3 times in total.

Dave Tolcher

Re: FS - MPP Mk Viii incl 150mm xenar

Post by Dave Tolcher » Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:27 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Apologies to all those that contacted me for pictures.... but embarrassingly getting it out to take piccies a this morning made me realise that this a useful and super camera to have about so it is withdrawn from sale. Sorry :oops:

Steve Smith

Re: withdrawn - MPP Mk Viii incl 150mm xenar

Post by Steve Smith » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:09 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

What a pity. If I had found this before you changed your mind, I might have bought it!

Steve.

IanG
Forum Hero

Post by IanG » Thu Jan 21, 2010 7:53 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Don't blame you for keeping it Dave :D Despite the fact I was interested in buying it as you know :)

Maybe I could pop and have a look at it though next time I'm in Southanpton, out of interest, I'd like to see one first hand before deciding whether to sell one or two of my other spare 5x4's to get an MPP MkVII or VIII

Ian.

Dave Tolcher

Post by Dave Tolcher » Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:15 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Yes, would be delighted to meet up. Let me know when you are about.

Dave

Dave Tolcher

Re: MPP Mk Viii incl 150mm xenar - for sale

Post by Dave Tolcher » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:05 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Now for sale..... see post for details

Dave Tolcher

Re: MPP Mk Viii incl 150mm xenar - sold

Post by Dave Tolcher » Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:07 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Sold subject to the usual