FS: Gandolfi whole plate camera- sold

Anything to sell (WTS) or looking for anything specific (WTB)? Anything advertised on this forum comes with the usual "buyer beware" advice; it is up to the purchaser to assure themselves of the integrity of the supplier and item being sold. It is also the responsibility of the seller to ensure that payment is forthcoming before parting with said item.
Dave Tolcher

FS: Gandolfi whole plate camera- sold

Post by Dave Tolcher » Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:09 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

A bit unusual... I have a full set-up for whole plate work for sale. Includes:
Gandolfi traditional whole plate in mahogany with new gridded GG (from sheetfilm.be), international whole plate back and 5x4 reducing back. Comes with a Linhof type lens panel front standard. Camera is in great condition, bellows light tight and all original parts. Comes with elasticated dark cloth.

I have 4 holders for 6.5x8.5in sheet film which fit the international back. An assortment of old holders all of which are in good working condition, one has a damage on one side but is usable.

Also included in the sale is an adapted Kodak 5x7 back which fits perfectly.

The camera does have the usual very small splits on the base but in no way affecting the structural integrity of the camera. I use a long arca style plate in both tripod sockets and an arca ball head which provides rock solid support and an ability to centre the camera on the tripod. Can be included if this suits your needs.

Prefer to arrange collection but can post. Looking for £595.00 plus p&p
Last edited by Dave Tolcher on Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:17 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00, edited 2 times in total.

gari
Forum Hero

Re: FS: Gandolfi whole plate camera

Post by gari » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:32 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Damn, if I could sell my TK I would love to buy this, looks a bargain to me.

Gari
you don't need eyes to see, you need vision!

Dave Tolcher

Post by Dave Tolcher » Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:46 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Yes, it is lovely, had it out the weekend for the first time in ages. I have other bits and pieces which would be available to the buyer.... 50 sheets of HP5 from this years Ilford run (75ukp), 5 chamonix whole plate holders in cherry/carbon fibre - all as new for 50ukp ea (160usd plus p&p & customs new). Free whole plate vintage contact print frame and a pile of lodima paper from Michael & Paula Smith.

Dave Tolcher

Post by Dave Tolcher » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:08 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Picture of the outfit:

http://www.quietlight.co.uk

Dave Tolcher

Re: FS: Gandolfi whole plate camera- SOLD pending usual

Post by Dave Tolcher » Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:02 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Last edited by Dave Tolcher on Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:30 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00, edited 1 time in total.

patawauke

Re: FS: Gandolfi whole plate camera- price revised

Post by patawauke » Thu Sep 17, 2009 10:34 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

OK, I'll buy it, as discussed per ebay message. Thanks