WTB: Urgent, Linhof/Wista board in Copal 3

Anything to sell (WTS) or looking for anything specific (WTB)? Anything advertised on this forum comes with the usual "buyer beware" advice; it is up to the purchaser to assure themselves of the integrity of the supplier and item being sold. It is also the responsibility of the seller to ensure that payment is forthcoming before parting with said item.
Julian Boulter

WTB: Urgent, Linhof/Wista board in Copal 3

Post by Julian Boulter » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:49 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Hi All,

I finally have a nice Rodenstock 240 Sironar N in Copal 3 for my 10x8 Gandolfi Variant (what a whopping great lens it is, first time I have ever seen a Copal 3 lens and the size of it took me by suprise!) and as luck would have it, it came with a Sinar lensboard which the Gandolfi takes, only the Sinar board it is mounted on is too thick to fit the camera (I thought these things were standard sizes??). I usually use the camera with a Sinar to Linhof/Wista adapter and that Sinar board fits fine as its thinner. So I really need a Linhof/Wista board in Copal 3 which I can use with the adapter.

I have lots of mint Linhof/Wista boards in Copal 0 and 1 if anyone wants to do a swap or I would gladly pay for it.

Cheers

Julian

David Evans
Forum Hero

Re: WTB: Urgent, Linhof/Wista board in Copal 3

Post by David Evans » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:21 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

You could find someone to cut the hole in one of your existing boards to the larger diameter.
I bought a lens from Linhof Studio a few months ago, and that's what they did with one of my existing boards.
David

Julian Boulter

Post by Julian Boulter » Sat Feb 06, 2010 10:16 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Thanks David,
Worth a shot, will give a try if no luck but I really wanted something for Tuesday next week when I will get a chance to test out the new lens.
Cheers
Julian

deadpan

Post by deadpan » Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:57 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Julian Boulter wrote: only the Sinar board it is mounted on is too thick to fit the camera (I thought these things were standard sizes??).

I have experienced the same problem before. Cheap non branded sinar boards seem to be coated/ cut thicker (I have experienced thick (powdercoat?) finish which is too thick). All of the genuine sinar boards I have tried (and the chamonix sinar type boards) fit in case that's any help. You could also try filing down the edges of the sinar board you have until you achieve a snug fit - as suggested to me once.

Julian Boulter

Post by Julian Boulter » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:10 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Ok got one now, thanks for all the help, in the end teamwork were selling non branded linhof copal 3 boards made by Walker of Walker cameras, works a treat!!! :D

Tad expensive though at £30 but well pleased to find a solution so quickly and the board seems very well made with an additional light baffling rim around the hole.

Cheers

Julian