Now have: Jobo tank. WTB: Broken CPE2 or similar.

Anything to sell (WTS) or looking for anything specific (WTB)? Anything advertised on this forum comes with the usual "buyer beware" advice; it is up to the purchaser to assure themselves of the integrity of the supplier and item being sold. It is also the responsibility of the seller to ensure that payment is forthcoming before parting with said item.
Patrick Dixon
Forum Hero

Re: WTB: Jobo tank and 5x4 reel

Post by Patrick Dixon » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:19 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

There was a boxed unused Jobo CPE2 on for a B-i-N of about £35 a while back. It didn't seem to hang around long.

dave_whatever
Forum Hero

Post by dave_whatever » Thu Mar 18, 2010 4:38 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

I've seen a few CPE2s pop up on ebay with low BIN prices over the last few months (ironically not when I wanted one :roll: ), but realistically you'd have to sit there all day with a page of ebay jobo search results open hitting the F5 key to bank on getting one. A lot of the ebay "bargains" then add on £20+ of postage, and don't come with any tanks/cylinders/washbottles, or only come with a 2800 print tank you'll never use, so can become less of a bargain.

Adrian Brewster

Post by Adrian Brewster » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:05 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Hi All
That expensive revelation DJ, could come in handy for me if I get desperate. I am sad enough to spend all day waiting for a CPE2 to come up with a giveaway BIN price but post Tim's you tube vid, prices seem to have gone wild. I remember seeing them in boot sales going for pennies but that was long before I sold my soul to LF, wondering who would want such a heap of junk when I could take my film to the local prolab down the road and get it processed for nowt. Those were the days.
Adrian

DJ
Site Admin

Post by DJ » Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:07 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

dave_whatever wrote:A lot of the ebay "bargains" then add on £20+ of postage, and don't come with any tanks/cylinders/washbottles, or only come with a 2800 print tank you'll never use, so can become less of a bargain.
A lot do have the usual 28xx print drum and 15xx film drum. Now discovered that with the right combination of those, you can make a 2521 drum for use with 4x5, so they're not quite so useless as I previously thought.

IanG
Forum Hero

Post by IanG » Thu Mar 18, 2010 7:38 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Patrick Dixon wrote:No I don't have a tank - hence my non-requirement for the spiral.

Condition is fine AFAICS - it looks much the same as any other picture of a 2509 reel.
Lets see if your spiral fits my tank, then we can do something with them.

Ian

Adrian Brewster

Post by Adrian Brewster » Tue Mar 23, 2010 8:24 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Hi
Well, I bit the bullet and bought a tank and reel (with "film retention plates") from those nice people at SDS, now all I have to do is create my own DIY tempering tank and hand cranked agitation system. If anyone has any good ideas I would be grateful, the plan is to use a Nova style thermostat/heater and a small pond pump to even out the temperature and a very sensitive rcd cut out to take care of any electrical problems. There seems to have been a glut of CPE2s on ebay so hopefully the market will become saturated and the prices come down to a level that I can afford. If anyone has one with a burnt out motor, heating element etc that they want to sell cheap to someone who has boundless enthusiasm for recycling, please get in touch.
Thanks
Adrian.