Now Have CPA!!! (WTB: Jobo CPE2 or similar in any condition)

Anything to sell (WTS) or looking for anything specific (WTB)? Anything advertised on this forum comes with the usual "buyer beware" advice; it is up to the purchaser to assure themselves of the integrity of the supplier and item being sold. It is also the responsibility of the seller to ensure that payment is forthcoming before parting with said item.
Adrian Brewster

Now Have CPA!!! (WTB: Jobo CPE2 or similar in any condition)

Post by Adrian Brewster » Tue May 04, 2010 7:47 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Hi All
Still looking for Jobo CPE2 and still skint. If anyone has one with a burnt out motor, dodgy heating element, leaky bath or just one that needs to be used and loved, that they want to sell cheap to someone who has boundless enthusiasm for recycling, please get in touch. Have tank, grads and bottles.
Thanks
Adrian.

Adrian Brewster

Re: Now Have CPA!!! (WTB: Jobo CPE2 or similar in any condition)

Post by Adrian Brewster » Tue May 25, 2010 9:05 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Hi All
Have eventually acquired reassuringly cheap, ancient CPA processor. Does anyone know anything about these. I understand early Jobo processors had notoriously weak motors. Is there anything else I should know about it?
Thanks
Adrian

Matthew Rolfe

Post by Matthew Rolfe » Tue May 25, 2010 11:25 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

The jobo motor base I used to own had a very weak motor; increasing the volume of water in the temperature bath will increase the buoyancy - lifitng the tank to a more horizontal position - and in doing so alleviate the strain on the motor. So in theory; if you use different developers or different dilutions, resulting in changes of minimum chemistry volumes, you simply adjust the volume of the water bath to maintain the same revolutions per minute (or near enough the same) no matter what quantity of chemistry is in the drum.

This is how I learnt to live with my tired and ageing Jobo motor base.

Adrian Brewster

Post by Adrian Brewster » Wed May 26, 2010 8:03 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Hi Mathew
That is brilliant, just what I needed to know. I guess IanG cleared out all your Jobo stuff, you haven't found a magnet base hidden in the attic or shed?
Regards
Adrian

Matthew Rolfe

Post by Matthew Rolfe » Wed May 26, 2010 8:54 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Hi Adrian,

i'm afraid not, that was the only one. I'm certain that you will find one somewhere on the internet, either for free or at a very low price.

Glad to be of help

Matthew

Patrick Dixon
Forum Hero

Re: Now Have CPA!!! (WTB: Jobo CPE2 or similar in any condit

Post by Patrick Dixon » Wed May 26, 2010 8:45 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

I have a magnet on the base of a 15xx tank - but at the moment I need the tank need for 120 roll processing because I don't have a 120 reel for the 25xx tank. And I'd prefer to ditch the 15xx tank because I don't have the roller extensions anyway ... Confused? You soon will be!

So if you have a 25xx 120 reel to swap for the magnet, or if I can pick one up from somewhere else ... and then the next problem will be to remove it from the tank.

dave_whatever
Forum Hero

Post by dave_whatever » Wed May 26, 2010 9:17 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

I don't think those magnets are meant to be removable, at least not without damaging the tank and/or magnet! I've got a spare magnet thats come off a tank, and lets just say its short of a couple of legs as a result.

Adrian Brewster

Post by Adrian Brewster » Thu May 27, 2010 8:21 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Hi Patrick & Dave
Thanks for the offer Patrick but I don't have a 120 reel for 2500 series tank but I will keep an eye out for one. As Dave says, and discussed in thread on other LF forum, sods law seems to apply, and they come off with ease when you don't want them to and are a real sod to remove intentionally without damaging the tank or legs. I'm willing to take a chance if it becomes surplus but if you want to part with damaged spare Magnet Dave, I would love to give it a go. I'm thinking gaffer tape, plastic wood and an appropriate glue for Jobo plastic which I guess is probably designed to be resistant to chemicals including glue.
Will pm you dave, not sure if you were offering or just sharing your experience of magnet removal.
Regards
Adrian