No longer available: F-Stop Tilopa Backpack - New

Anything to sell (WTS) or looking for anything specific (WTB)? Anything advertised on this forum comes with the usual "buyer beware" advice; it is up to the purchaser to assure themselves of the integrity of the supplier and item being sold. It is also the responsibility of the seller to ensure that payment is forthcoming before parting with said item.
David Evans
Forum Hero

No longer available: F-Stop Tilopa Backpack - New

Post by David Evans » Tue May 18, 2010 4:58 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

NO LONGER AVAILABLE
The one for sale is in the UK and is new.
I bought it from the US manufacturers about four weeks ago, have tried it around the house, and decided that it doesn't suit my requirements.
Rather than photographing it all, the full details can be found here http://fstopgear.com/en/product/mountain/tilopawhere there are ten detailed photographs.
The backpack for sale is in the Foliage/Foliage colour of the one photographed on the manufacturer'w website.
The backpack for sale has the standard Large ICU (the padded Internal Camera Unit).
Briefly this backpack is:
Very light at just over 2kgs (4.47lbs) including the ICU.
50 litre capacity.
Well constructed.
Well designed. The design means that there is plenty of room for extras, apart from and around the ICU main protection for the camera and lenses etc. This additional space can be used equally well for photographic or non photographic gear. Access is via the a full zip opening in the back panel, and also top opening. There are good sized additional front pockets.
There is one other person on this forum that I know who has one of these backpacks - see the thread here viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1679 where the are some shots with the bag and large format gear.
I'm looking to recover 90% of the original $295 purchase price. Postage included, and no VAT or duty to be added! So £175 all in.
Update 26th May - now listed on eBay also.
Thanks.
Last edited by David Evans on Sat May 29, 2010 10:37 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00, edited 3 times in total.
David

BarryWilkinson
Forum Hero

Re: FS: F-Stop Tilopa Backpack - New

Post by BarryWilkinson » Tue May 18, 2010 9:02 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Sorry to hear that the pack is not right for you. I really like mine but I am only 5' 7" tall.

David Evans
Forum Hero

Post by David Evans » Tue May 18, 2010 9:07 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

BarryWilkinson wrote:Sorry to hear that the pack is not right for you. I really like mine but I am only 5' 7" tall.
Good morning Barrie
Thanks for the comment.
I really like the backpack in every respect apart from the fit being slightly too short for me.
It's taken me four weeks to come to accept this!
As far as I can tell it's impossible to find a backpack at this weight that is so well made and photography specific.
Hopefully it will find a good home, and get well used.
David

Marc Wilson
Forum Hero

Post by Marc Wilson » Tue May 18, 2010 8:39 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Hi David,

I'm going to look into how this compares to my long in the tooth dakine sequence in terms of size and weight etc.
How do you attach your tripod to this bag?

Marc

David Evans
Forum Hero

Post by David Evans » Tue May 18, 2010 9:20 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

marc wilson wrote:Hi David,

I'm going to look into how this compares to my long in the tooth dakine sequence in terms of size and weight etc.
How do you attach your tripod to this bag?

Marc
Hi Marc
The tripod attaches via one (or more) of the straps on either side, or possible down the centre of the back. On either side there are also elasticated pockets which could be used to further secure a tripod.

I've also come across this which demonstrates the backpack quite well (not sure what language it is!) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ke0PoyOhXJM
David

Marc Wilson
Forum Hero

Post by Marc Wilson » Wed May 19, 2010 6:22 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

the dakine has an axe slot that is perfect for a tripod whilst skiing as it completely and utterly secure...even whilst falling!
one leg goes in the slot whilst the other two sit astride it and are then strapped in for added security.

i've never really gotten having a tripod leg in a side pouch of a rucksack as surely it then sits really high above it..and close to the users head...unless of course the tripod is very short.

anything similar on yours?

David Evans
Forum Hero

Post by David Evans » Wed May 19, 2010 6:53 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

marc wilson wrote:the dakine has an axe slot that is perfect for a tripod whilst skiing as it completely and utterly secure...even whilst falling!
one leg goes in the slot whilst the other two sit astride it and are then strapped in for added security.

i've never really gotten having a tripod leg in a side pouch of a rucksack as surely it then sits really high above it..and close to the users head...unless of course the tripod is very short.

anything similar on yours?
Hi Marc
I've just emailed you some quick shots of tripod fittings, just taken with the phone camera.
Thanks. David
David

Tom

Re: No longer available: F-Stop Tilopa Backpack - New

Post by Tom » Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:17 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Agh...........................................

Just when you take a break from the forum...

on the off chance.... please contact it it is available.

T