WTB: IT8 fuji transparency calibration target

Anything to sell (WTS) or looking for anything specific (WTB)? Anything advertised on this forum comes with the usual "buyer beware" advice; it is up to the purchaser to assure themselves of the integrity of the supplier and item being sold. It is also the responsibility of the seller to ensure that payment is forthcoming before parting with said item.
jennym
Forum Hero

WTB: IT8 fuji transparency calibration target

Post by jennym » Thu May 27, 2010 2:04 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

This is a bit of a long shot, but I am struggling to calibrate my scanner using the software and target that came with my Epson scanner, and I think I need an IT8 target that is recognized by Silverfast software. Does anyone have one they would part with? Posted more in hope than expectation...

Many thanks,

Jenny

dave_whatever
Forum Hero

Re: WTB: IT8 fuji transparency calibration target

Post by dave_whatever » Thu May 27, 2010 2:17 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

jennym
Forum Hero

Post by jennym » Thu May 27, 2010 2:19 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Think I might need it!

more photography

Post by more photography » Thu May 27, 2010 4:31 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

jennym wrote:Think I might need it!
Hi jenny

The reason for this, the color target reference file supplied by monocao is (i think is encrypted), try saving a copy as .txt, other wise email it to me and i will sort out.

I did this awhile back and it works fine with silverfast, until I bough a Faust target. will send a PM.

Thingy
Forum Hero

Post by Thingy » Thu May 27, 2010 5:29 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Jenny

Please see the link below.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1752

If you need to borrow either (or both) let me know and I will post them by recorded delivery, or whatever it's called these days, as I know I can trust you. :D

Steve
Love is an Ebony mounted with a Cooke PS945.......

jennym
Forum Hero

Post by jennym » Thu May 27, 2010 6:07 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Steve and Issa,

Many thanks to both of you for your offers of help. I'll see if I can get the Monaco one to work by saving as a txt file. Kind of you to offer to help with this Issa if I can't get this to work, and to offer to let me borrow yours, Steve. That would be a helpful short term solution, but I guess I need to find a permanent solution with the imminent move...My learning curve is steep at the moment!

I'm still a bit surprised that Epson will sell a high end flatbed without the means to easily calibrate it, given that they include the extra software.

Tim, are you able to explain a bit more about how your velvia profile works with this?

Many thanks,

Jenny

Joanna Carter
Founder
Workshop Images: http://grandes-images.com/fr/Paysages/P ... _2009.html

Post by Joanna Carter » Thu May 27, 2010 6:49 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

jennym wrote:I'll see if I can get the Monaco one to work by saving as a txt file
All profiles are text files anyway. Have you got the V700 or V750 scanner? If it is the V750, then you should have the Monaco EZColor software, which is perfectly fine.
jennym wrote:I'm still a bit surprised that Epson will sell a high end flatbed without the means to easily calibrate it, given that they include the extra software
Epson supply a generic profile, which is not going to be suitable for all films. At least with the V750 you do get the software, just not specific targets.
Reassure yourself - stroke an Ebony

DJ
Site Admin

Post by DJ » Thu May 27, 2010 11:24 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings, but you can't use the target supplied with Monaco with any other software as the reference file is saved in a proprietary format, I don't mean txt vs doc either, it doesn't use the standard layout or file format for colour target reference files, so you won't be able to load it into anything but Monaco Profiler. It's a deliberate obfuscation to prevent you using it with any other software.

This is why I don't use the Monaco software for anything.

Jenny if you manage to borrow an normal IT8 or Hutch target with reference file and have no software to make an ICC profile, if you send me a scan of the target and the reference file I can email you back a profile.

dave_whatever
Forum Hero

Post by dave_whatever » Fri May 28, 2010 8:37 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

DJ wrote:Jenny if you manage to borrow an normal IT8 or Hutch target with reference file and have no software to make an ICC profile......
There are also a few free/open source profilers available. I had a read around at the options and will probably be using Lprof when I finally get hold of a target/s.

jennym
Forum Hero

Post by jennym » Fri May 28, 2010 11:56 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Many thanks to everyone for their replies, suggestions and offers to help. I think I am going to have to leave this until after half term and let the battle recommence then! I'm hoping a fresh mind will help!

Cheers!