(SOLD) Large sale of barrel lenses

Anything to sell (WTS) or looking for anything specific (WTB)? Anything advertised on this forum comes with the usual "buyer beware" advice; it is up to the purchaser to assure themselves of the integrity of the supplier and item being sold. It is also the responsibility of the seller to ensure that payment is forthcoming before parting with said item.
Andrew Plume
Forum Hero

(SOLD) Large sale of barrel lenses

Post by Andrew Plume » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:50 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

My first posting on this forum had me saying that I seriously needed to pare back (from all of the equipment collected), so that I can pursue other projects

I've collected extensively during the past five-ten years and now have 36 barrel lenses, completely surplus to needs, some have never been used by me, I'd (also) like to find them a new home, so that they can be enjoyed - examples are, the Graphic-Kowa and the Lancaster lenses (recently posted) which are in addition (to the 36)

For any member(s) unacquainted with these lenses - compared to modern optics they're not as sharp (no bad thing to me), are probably not coated, do not come in shutters and generally have to be mounted on lensboards either with a flange or with a universal iris mount - because of that they're considerably cheaper (in most cases) than their 'shuttered friends' - to me, they're excellent value and are great fun to use too - most of them also have large coverage

I'll be posting them here during w/c 19 July and probably the following week on the Large Format Photography Forum (where they'll attract a wider audience, simply because there are considerably more members) but I thought that I would post them here first. I'll post them by way of a 'Word document' - if anybody has any difficulty in opening this, then send me a pm with your usual email address and I'll be back in touch

If anybody is seriously interested then pse pm me and I'll get back to you as soon as I can, all prices will be + sh&i from the UK

I'd also like to add that I've successfully used a number of these with modern shutters - some shutters (often a Copal One) simply screw into the front of these lenses - no problem at all, so if you wish, you can simply unscrew the elements from your existing shutter and see if the shutter screws into one of these

Interested purchasers - in the UK, I'm happy (if you don't have a paypal account) to take a direct bank transfer and overseas, paypal preferred please

Discounts are available:

buy two - 5%;
three - 7.5%; and
four (or indeed more.......?) - 10%

I'm also very happy to entertain commonsense offers if it's felt that I've over-pitched the price - as I'm pretty keen to sell these and to lighten the overall load

Thanks indeed for looking

Andrew
Last edited by Andrew Plume on Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:12 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00, edited 9 times in total.

Andrew Plume
Forum Hero

Re: FS: Large sale of barrel lenses

Post by Andrew Plume » Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:17 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

bump

initial post now updated

andrew

Andrew Plume
Forum Hero

Re: FS: (LIST NOW ATTACHED) Large sale of barrel lenses

Post by Andrew Plume » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:12 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

here's the list:
Attachments
AndrewPlumeLenses.doc
(43.5 KiB) Downloaded 220 times

Andrew Plume
Forum Hero

Post by Andrew Plume » Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:37 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

I'll also add that because of the number of lenses involved, I thought it best not to clog up the forum with, say, three photos of each, so if any member's are seriously interested in any of these and wish to have some photos, then pse send me a pm

thx for looking

andrew

Andrew Plume
Forum Hero

Post by Andrew Plume » Sun Aug 01, 2010 1:39 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

The Photo Apparatus Co petzval (on page one of my list) has been sold, all of the other lenses are still available

andrew

Charles Twist
Founder

Post by Charles Twist » Sun Aug 01, 2010 5:27 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

I've bought from Andrew in the past and can certainly recommend him as a good guy to deal with. These old lenses are worth exploring and I hope to post something in the not too distant future. In the search for ever greater resolution, this is a step in the wrong direction. But, if you want to understand the basics of photography, to glimpse in to the old way of seeing & recording and also to re-appraise one's approach, this is a worth-while and relatively cheap experiment.
Regards,
Charles

Andrew Plume
Forum Hero

Post by Andrew Plume » Fri Aug 06, 2010 1:55 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

following Charles' very decent recent post, I'm also going to 'offer' an additional 'service' to forum members for these lenses

I expect that you've all seen similar barrel lenses on the auction site.................and possibly some of you have wondered eaxctly what they're capable of and whether it's really worth a bid or indeed a punt to see whether you really like these older chaps

as a way of 'stimulating' some extra interest................?? I'll now offer payment for these lenses in three monthly instalments which will be on top of the 'bulk' discounts that I've already stated

granted there may be cheaper alternatives available on the auction site but there's no 'instalment options' available there................

let me know do please

thx for looking

andrew

Andrew Plume
Forum Hero

Re: (SOLD) Large sale of barrel lenses

Post by Andrew Plume » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:13 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

:D

All of the lenses have now been sold

Andrew

:D :D