(SOLD) Two Lancaster & Son's lenses

Anything to sell (WTS) or looking for anything specific (WTB)? Anything advertised on this forum comes with the usual "buyer beware" advice; it is up to the purchaser to assure themselves of the integrity of the supplier and item being sold. It is also the responsibility of the seller to ensure that payment is forthcoming before parting with said item.
Andrew Plume
Forum Hero

(SOLD) Two Lancaster & Son's lenses

Post by Andrew Plume » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:17 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

As I mentioned in my recent post regarding barrel lenses, I'm also selling two by the reputable Birmingham manufacturer, Lancaster, both of these were probably made at the end of the 19thc

I posted three on the Large Format Photography Forum, I've since sold one and thought that I'd post them here as well

They are:-

1) A Rectigraph marked 1/1 (presumably a wp reference) which easily covers 10x8 (and possibly more) and c/w a built in flange - nicely warn darkish brass - two elements - the iris moves well - a few very light barrel scratches - no dings, chips, haze, fungus, with the glass being in a very good clear/bright condition - measures approx 77mm from element to element - 58mm is the width at the front (inc a small built in hood), 49mm at the rear and the flange width is approx 85mm - $205; and

2) A smaller semi-meniscus covering slightly larger than 4x5 - no flange - nice bright brass on the barrel with no scratches or other marks - iris opens and closes very smoothly - very bright glass indeed but a small chip on the outside of the rear element (which should not affect performance), apart from that no dings, haze or fungus etc etc. measures approx 34mm from element to iris and 37mm for both the rear and front width - $169

There's currently at least two Lancaster lenses on the auction site - these have far higher prices (which I feel is a touch adventurous) and mine look to be in better condition

Overseas, paypal only please, UK - I'll take a direct bank transfer for the sterling equivalent - I'll pay the postage

Pse pm me if interested

Thx for looking

Andrew
Last edited by Andrew Plume on Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:14 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00, edited 1 time in total.

Andrew Plume
Forum Hero

Re: FS: (ONE NOW SOLD) Two Lancaster & Son's lenses

Post by Andrew Plume » Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:07 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

the Rectigraph has been sold thro' this forum

one of these lenses is still available

thx for continuing to view my posts

andrew

Andrew Plume
Forum Hero

Re: (SOLD) Two Lancaster & Son's lenses

Post by Andrew Plume » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:14 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00