FS: Kata Bumblebee-220 PL Backpack - New

Anything to sell (WTS) or looking for anything specific (WTB)? Anything advertised on this forum comes with the usual "buyer beware" advice; it is up to the purchaser to assure themselves of the integrity of the supplier and item being sold. It is also the responsibility of the seller to ensure that payment is forthcoming before parting with said item.
David Evans
Forum Hero

FS: Kata Bumblebee-220 PL Backpack - New

Post by David Evans » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:16 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

See link here for full details http://www.kata-bags.com/product.asp?Ve ... p_Id=19779
This is a relatively new bag design by Kata, with a recommended retail price of around £259, and the lowest street price is £166.07 (Amazon) I think. This price is miles lower than anyone else is selling them for (they are mostly around the recommended retail price).
The bag I'm selling is new with tags, and I'm looking for £150 plus postage.
David

Dave Tolcher

Re: FS: Kata Bumblebee-220 PL Backpack - New

Post by Dave Tolcher » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:17 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

David, the bag looks really interesting. Could I ask what your experience is with it - will it take a LF outfit ?

David Evans
Forum Hero

Post by David Evans » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:16 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

davejt3 wrote:David, the bag looks really interesting. Could I ask what your experience is with it - will it take a LF outfit ?
Dave
It is a really nice bachpack ... seriously. However I have a peculiar shaped upper back and shoulder (currently having treatment on the shoulder), and have a lot of trouble getting bags that are comfortable, and that is the sole reason I am selling it.
I only bought it last week!
It's probably the best designed bag I've seen (and I've tried loads!)
As far as fitting LF gear I would have thought it will be fine, but I haven't actually put LF gear in it (I bought it for digital gear). There was plenty of spare space after I'd fitted a DSLR, two lenses, flash, large ball head, filters etc, and left space for my wife's DSLR and zoom lens.
It is pretty deep (expecially at the bottom) and the two main long padded pieces are completely movable. There is plenty of room for lenses etc.
In the main compartment the two side storage areas are removable if you want to do that.
In addition to the main compartment there are two back zip storage compartments, and two smaller zip storage compartments on one side.
There are three methods of attaching a tripod - for a short travelling tripod the bottom of the legs can fit in the bottom back compartment. For a longer tripod there is a tripod leg attachment that can be fitted either on the centre back, or the side. It's a neat system.
There is a rain cover that is also silver one side, and doubles up as a heat reflector!
There is a 17" laptop compartment.
Finally there is a system where you can attach it to a Kata trolley.
The Kata website has a good video and lots of details on the bag.
So there you have it.
Thanks
David
David

Baxter

Post by Baxter » Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:04 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

I can confirm that it's a superb bag. I'm using one for my new kit. Over the summer I used it with a Linhof Techno view camera which is more like a 6x9 camera, but had the sliding back. There was plenty of room, though I suspect you might want to check positioning and dimensions of your camera vs the bag.

The 'cocoons' were superb for lens storage. I could swap camera systems in under 2 mins, in the dark from the car boot! The harness is really comfortable with some good detailing throughout the bag design. It is lighter than a Lowe-pro equivalent.
Attachments
In operation at Porth Nanven
In operation at Porth Nanven
Kata Photo-15.jpg (197.58 KiB) Viewed 3113 times
With Linhof kit stowed
With Linhof kit stowed
Kata Photo-3.jpg (128.15 KiB) Viewed 3113 times
With Phase kit stowed
With Phase kit stowed
Kata Photo-2.jpg (152.45 KiB) Viewed 3113 times
Baxter

Dave Tolcher

Post by Dave Tolcher » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:00 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Thanks guys, it does look good.

David Evans
Forum Hero

Post by David Evans » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:53 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Baxter wrote:I can confirm that it's a superb bag. I'm using one for my new kit. Over the summer I used it with a Linhof Techno view camera which is more like a 6x9 camera, but had the sliding back. There was plenty of room, though I suspect you might want to check positioning and dimensions of your camera vs the bag.

The 'cocoons' were superb for lens storage. I could swap camera systems in under 2 mins, in the dark from the car boot! The harness is really comfortable with some good detailing throughout the bag design. It is lighter than a Lowe-pro equivalent.
Thanks Baxter for your comments. Appreciated.
David

David Evans
Forum Hero

Post by David Evans » Sat Sep 25, 2010 6:05 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

David Evans wrote:See link here for full details http://www.kata-bags.com/product.asp?Ve ... p_Id=19779
This is a relatively new bag design by Kata, with a recommended retail price of around £259, and the lowest street price is £166.07 (Amazon) I think. This price is miles lower than anyone else is selling them for (they are mostly around the recommended retail price).
The bag I'm selling is new with tags, and I'm looking for £150 plus postage.
This item still for sale, BUT PLEASE NOTE I AWAY FROM TOMORROW MORNING (26TH SEPTEMBER) UNTIL 5TH OCTOBER, SO WON'T BE ABLE TO REPLY TO ANY QUESTIONS OR MESSAGES. THANK YOU.
David