FS: Fuji GX680 MF camera kit

Anything to sell (WTS) or looking for anything specific (WTB)? Anything advertised on this forum comes with the usual "buyer beware" advice; it is up to the purchaser to assure themselves of the integrity of the supplier and item being sold. It is also the responsibility of the seller to ensure that payment is forthcoming before parting with said item.
Oliver

FS: Fuji GX680 MF camera kit

Post by Oliver » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:20 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

I've decided to rationalise my collection of cameras, and I'll shortly be listing a complete Fuji GX680 kit on ebay. I'd like to give UKLFPG members a chance to say no, or maybe even to buy at a pre-listing discount.

OK, I know the GX680 is medium format, but you could say it's about as close to a large-format instrument you could hope to find, with its full range of front-standard movements. It certainly has a place in a serious film-user's arsenal. Mine is the MkI model, with the sweet 135mm Fujinon lens which is just long enough for a portrait/head-and-shoulders shot. It has a bag bellows, so is ready for use with wide-angle lenses, but the bellows will extend to the full length of the focus rails. There are two 120 backs and an as-new (boxed) 220 back; also a Fuji "polaroid" pack-film back. The waist-level finder is removable and the outfit comes with an as-new (also boxed) angle viewfinder. Both rechargeable battery packs hold their charge for a good length of time, and one charges while the other is in use; but for outdoor work away from a power outlet there is also a hard-to-find AA battery pack as backup. Everything except the angle finder and the 220 back fit into the original, well worn but very useful clamshell carry case.

The GX680 is fully motorised, with mirror lock-up and a tethered electronic cable release, and makes a great studio camera. It's a bit heavy to take more than a couple of hundred yards from the car, especially if you've to lug a substantial tripod at the same time – but I have done it and got some cracking landscapes.

I intend to list it at at buy-it-now price of £450, but I'd be pleased to entertain an offer of £400 from a UKLFPG member.