WTS Pentax Digital Spotmeter

Anything to sell (WTS) or looking for anything specific (WTB)? Anything advertised on this forum comes with the usual "buyer beware" advice; it is up to the purchaser to assure themselves of the integrity of the supplier and item being sold. It is also the responsibility of the seller to ensure that payment is forthcoming before parting with said item.
Baxter

WTS Pentax Digital Spotmeter

Post by Baxter » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:11 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

I bought this Pentax Digital Spotmeter as a spare and haven't used it other than to check it corresponded with the readings from my other one. It did, and what's more this ties in with film ISO too! It is in better condition than my main one which I bought new a number of years ago. Without wanting to tempt fate, this one is still going strong and so I feel that I can part with the spare.

It's in really great condition. Has case and strap but no box. Struggling to find a sensible price for it. New ones listed on the web are over £600 and even £700 which is nonsense. Think I paid £250 for it and happy to accept this plus whatever the postage costs. I recall having read that due to soldering constraints, Pentax have ceased production.

Obviously light-meters are things which come in many shapes and forms. The Pentax reads to 1 degree. I found the accuracy and ease of use of the Pentax far preferable to other options. Once one has become familiar with using EV, it is very straightforward to assist in selection of correct strength ND grads, dynamic range of the scene etc etc. This reads down to very low light levels, but as I recently found when trying to shoot by moonlight at the end of October, even this one gives up the ghost when it's that dark...

Many thanks
Attachments
Pentax spotmeter-1.jpg
Pentax spotmeter-1.jpg (99.78 KiB) Viewed 2541 times
Baxter

Paul Mitchell

Re: WTS Pentax Digital Spotmeter

Post by Paul Mitchell » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:33 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

This is a good deal from Baxter, there have been few listed at Ffordes recently for £350+ Up until last month I was on the look out for one but managed to pick up a Zone VI modified version for £250 which I considered a bargain.
When people ask what equipment I use - I tell them my eyes.

http://www.paulmitchellphotography.co.uk
http://www.arenaphotographers.com

gari
Forum Hero

Post by gari » Tue Dec 07, 2010 12:48 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Hi Baxter, I will take the meter, you have a pm with my details.

Thanks
Gari
you don't need eyes to see, you need vision!

Baxter

SOLD Pentax Digital Spotmeter

Post by Baxter » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:43 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

The spotmeter is now sold. Very many thanks Gari.
Baxter

gari
Forum Hero

Post by gari » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:31 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Hi Baxter, the meter has just arrived at the door!! how quick is that? Great condition, agrees with my Sekonic so I am good to go tomorrow, planning to go up Ben Vane for the eve light!
Thanks very much Baxter, pleasure to do business. I have plenty of tension sheet to play with now too :lol:

Cheers
Gari
you don't need eyes to see, you need vision!