WTB arca/canham monorail

Anything to sell (WTS) or looking for anything specific (WTB)? Anything advertised on this forum comes with the usual "buyer beware" advice; it is up to the purchaser to assure themselves of the integrity of the supplier and item being sold. It is also the responsibility of the seller to ensure that payment is forthcoming before parting with said item.
gari
Forum Hero

WTB arca/canham monorail

Post by gari » Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:35 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

I have recently got an order for prints for several Hostels, which means I have some unexpected cash to spend on a new camera :D
I am looking for 1 of the following, Arca Swiss F-line compact or classic, in that order, Canham DLC or at a push a Tk45s. I have had a TK before, and though I really liked it, it was a little heavy for me, I do miss it however so if I found one at the right price I may be persuaded to get another. I have listed them in the order of preference. so if you have something let me know.
Just for info, The bank transfer to me should be before xmas, early new year at latest, payment my end is dictated by this timing, given the state of the postal system up here it would be pointless posting anything this side of the holidays anyway!

I really am after a folding monorail, honest, so please resist telling me I should look at Ebony, Wista, Chamonix etc.

thanks
Gari
you don't need eyes to see, you need vision!

Marc Wilson
Forum Hero

Re: WTB arca/canham monorail

Post by Marc Wilson » Sat Dec 18, 2010 5:40 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Hi gari,
I used an arca f line classic with folding rail recently. Beautiful camera. The compact version with smaller front and rear standards certainly worth looking out for though.
Marc

dave_whatever
Forum Hero

Post by dave_whatever » Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:29 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

I noticed a DLC on robwhites website at 1500 quid if that's any good to you.

gari
Forum Hero

Post by gari » Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:47 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Hi Dave, thanks for the response. It's on my list but It will be more like 1800 once VAT is added, toss up between that and a new one from the States as it would be around the same with duty etc.

Cheers
Gari
you don't need eyes to see, you need vision!

dave_whatever
Forum Hero

Post by dave_whatever » Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:56 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

True, I often forget they (helpfully?) quote prices sans VAT :roll: