Interest check- Super-Symmar 110mm XL and 80mm XL lenses

Anything to sell (WTS) or looking for anything specific (WTB)? Anything advertised on this forum comes with the usual "buyer beware" advice; it is up to the purchaser to assure themselves of the integrity of the supplier and item being sold. It is also the responsibility of the seller to ensure that payment is forthcoming before parting with said item.
Baxter

Interest check- Super-Symmar 110mm XL and 80mm XL lenses

Post by Baxter » Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:28 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

I am considering selling these wonderful two Schneider LF lenses along with the IIIb Centre filter which fits both of these and the 58mm XL lenses. However there is no need to use it with the 110mm XL lens which has a massive image circle. I kept hold of them in case I went ahead with buying a view camera for the digital back. It is unlikely that I will proceed with this during 2011 and hence me testing the water to see if anyone is interested in buying these lenses.

I do think that the centre filter is needed with the 80mmXL as I experienced vignetting which was visible with RVP50 and other emulsions and so had to shell out for it. Hope was not sufficient!

Both lenses are in superb condition and have been looked after really carefully. The 110mmXL lens was the one I used the most with my Ebony 45SU and the 80mmXL was pretty useful too.

They are mounted in Ebony/Linhof fit generic Copal 0 panels. I have owned both from new and come with boxes and front and rear lens caps.

If you are thinking along the lines of.... I might change to these lenses at some stage in the future, then sooner is probably better than later. I understand that Copal shutter prices have gone up 40% and obviously VAT has too, so these will offer a real saving over the price of buying new. RW currently list both at over £1500 and this is with the old price Copal shutters. Centre filter is a whopping £290 new... See why I was reluctant to have to buy it?!!

Still trying to determine a fair and realistic price for these items. None of the UK dealers currently have any used lenses in stock. I suppose ball park figure is £900 for each including the lens panels and the Centre filter at £175

Other things I kept which are now going to be sold are two loupes: A Rodenstock 4x Aspheric (£90 new) and also a Schneider 10x Aspheric (£162 new). Also a few Lee filter adaptor rings are looking for new homes.

Then there's also a lonely looking Imacon Precision II scanner......
Baxter