WTB, Jobo CPA2 or CPP2 with lift

Anything to sell (WTS) or looking for anything specific (WTB)? Anything advertised on this forum comes with the usual "buyer beware" advice; it is up to the purchaser to assure themselves of the integrity of the supplier and item being sold. It is also the responsibility of the seller to ensure that payment is forthcoming before parting with said item.
Steve Bell

WTB, Jobo CPA2 or CPP2 with lift

Post by Steve Bell » Thu May 11, 2006 12:23 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Here's a long shot, looking for a Jobo CPA2 or CPP2 with lift at a realistic price. Have been watching eBay for some time but not seen anything suitable yet. To be used for processing 4x5 and 120 film.

SteveH
Forum Hero

Jobo

Post by SteveH » Fri May 12, 2006 11:53 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Hi Steve,

Have you tried http://www.secondhanddarkroom.co.uk/ ?

Steve
Big is beautiful.

Geoff B

Post by Geoff B » Fri May 12, 2006 8:25 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Steve
I have one but the motor has died; processing too many full Expert drums :?

Am vaguely looking for a new/used motor but am now hand rolling in the slots of my darkroom sink which seems fine but tedious. I bought a lift new from Jobo (which they had to import from Germany) - not cheap. Got mine off ebay - they do turn up, but often in spurts.

Geoff

Steve Bell

Post by Steve Bell » Sat May 13, 2006 8:26 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

I have checked secondhanddarkroom in the past, and did again yesterday after reading the replies, but their prices are over twice what a similar item would go for on eBay, I'll keep looking.

Geof, how did you find the expert drum? While in Somerset sitting in the garden of a tea room with Marc, we talked about the Jobo processor's. I think Marc uses a 4x5 spiral with a CPA2 and has no problems, others I've spoken to say avoid them, go for the expert drum.

Chong

Jobo Spiral

Post by Chong » Sat May 13, 2006 9:20 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Hi Steve,
I used the spiral with 2523 drum on the CPP2 (without lift) and it works great. Lift would make life a lot more easy though. The spiral takes time to get use to loading your films onto it but with practice it is not that difficult. The only thing which I have noticed and should perhap take note is you should load the emulsion side facing inward. I loaded one facing outward and when I unloaded the film, guess what, something caught the emulsion and a big chunk came off (the periphery only where the film sits on the spiral). The frame is still useable with cropping. Hope that helps.

Regards

Chong

Now happily snapping away in Australia.

Post by Guest » Sat May 13, 2006 10:17 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Hi Steve

I would use no other processor other than expert drum. I tried using the reels for 5x4 but just couldnt get on with the finnicky loading into small slots and didnt enjoy using a small dunking system I bought dirt cheap on ebay. Dish processing in the total dark was laborious. With the drums it is merely a case of slotting film. emulsion side inwards, into a serious of largish moulded holes on the top of a drum, putting the top back on and switching on the lights.

Like the larger Jobo processors expert drums though are difficult to find and when I was looking for mine Jobo told me they did not import them into Britain. I eventually bought one from the View Camera store in US. Again it was not cheap - over £200. I recently bought on ebay a 3004 which takes negs up tp 9x12 ins - this was approx £100 (cheap) and have since grabbed (only last week) a back up 3010 for a buy it now price of £99 - again cheap (at least relatively :?).

They certainly produce beautifully devved negs and I have never experienced damaged or unevenly developed negs or negs with any streak marks on them. They are large beasts and with dev in them ( I use 1 litre of dev solution for the 3010 and 1.5 litres for the 3004) weigh considerably more than the much smaller Jobo tanks, though not if you seriously join together the smaller tanks with the extension modules, but do place serious routine loads onto the rotary processors. They are relatively fast in use as you can you put film into them whilst they are wet - there is no need to dry anything as with the jobo reel system (though perhaps not the 5x4 reels) - last night I devved 3 full tanks in much less than 2 hours.

I suppose their main limitation, by virtue of their sheer simplicity and ease of use, is not encouraging photographers to individually develop negs to suit taking lighting conditions - but that is another discussion :wink:

Hope this is helpful

Cheers
Geoff

Apple
Forum Hero

Post by Apple » Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:58 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Steve,

AFAIR there's a CPA2 with lift and maybe some drums in this week's AP for £150 if you're still looking...

It would be nice to have as spares for mine but I don't have the spare cash floating around :(

Andrew