WTB: Rodenstock Grandagon-N 90 mm f/4.5

Anything to sell (WTS) or looking for anything specific (WTB)? Anything advertised on this forum comes with the usual "buyer beware" advice; it is up to the purchaser to assure themselves of the integrity of the supplier and item being sold. It is also the responsibility of the seller to ensure that payment is forthcoming before parting with said item.
Rod

WTB: Rodenstock Grandagon-N 90 mm f/4.5

Post by Rod » Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:23 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Hi,
Just wondering if anyone has one of these lying around that they don't use or find too heavy to carry! Preferably looking for a greenstripe, later version in mint/near mint condition. Please let me know.
Kindest regards,
Rod.

Peter B
Forum Hero

Re: WTB: Rodenstock Grandagon-N 90 mm f/4.5

Post by Peter B » Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:55 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

The Teamwork website is showing one if that's of any interest?

http://teamworkphoto.com/shop/index.php ... godco1hoo2

Rod

Post by Rod » Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:44 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Hi Peter,

Many thanks for the link. I haven't looked at the Teamwork site for a while - their secondhand listings are usually so much out of date that whenever I've enquired about items in the past, they'd long gone! However, it seems that they updated their lists only last week, so I'll enquire about it. They refer to the lens as in "good" condition, but I'm not familiar with their ratings, i.e. whether they're optimistic, conservative, etc. I think I'd be wanting something closer to mint condition for the asking price (with VAT added).

Anyone else being buying secondhand items from Teamwork recently? They certainly have a lot of secondhand large format lenses for sale at present.

Kindest regards,

Rod.

dave_whatever
Forum Hero

Post by dave_whatever » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:07 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

I think most of their lens prices there would be steep even if they weren't then adding 20% VAT on top!

(Any idea why some second hand retailers continue to add full VAT, when actually on second hand gear they only need to add VAT onto their markup, not on the full price?)

Neil Barnes
Forum Hero

Post by Neil Barnes » Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:26 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Surely it couldn't be because a lens for a hundred quid with twenty quid VAT looks much better than one for a hundred and fifteen with a fiver vat... (which incidentally also gives away the dealer's markup)?

I'm such a cynic...

Ed Moss

Post by Ed Moss » Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:20 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

dave_whatever wrote:I think most of their lens prices there would be steep even if they weren't then adding 20% VAT on top!

(Any idea why some second hand retailers continue to add full VAT, when actually on second hand gear they only need to add VAT onto their markup, not on the full price?)
No idea but I'm sure HMRC would give you the answer...

IanG
Forum Hero

Post by IanG » Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:53 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

The only time they can add VAT only to their markup is when it's a commission sale. Once they buy an item they have to sell with VAT on the whole price.

It's surprising how few commission sales there are but some photo stores have always been selling some items that way since the 1970's. I've bought camears that wewre commission sales and sold some lenses that way as well. For a dealer it means items on sale with no monetary outlay, and as a seller you get a higher price, the buyer makes a saving as well. With VAT at 20% Commission sales make far more sense.

Ian
dave_whatever wrote:I think most of their lens prices there would be steep even if they weren't then adding 20% VAT on top!

Andrew Plume
Forum Hero

Post by Andrew Plume » Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:33 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Dave - one has to factor in a few issues regarding Teamwork and their pricing

First up, they're

a) the only dealer selling LF products in Central London;
b) also based in a fairly large shop at the bottom end of Fitzrovia which in itself has overheads that speak for themselves; and
c) enthusiastic with what they do

If they stopped selling LF products then the UK LF retailing market would be considerably diminished, which would affect us as a Group and

also if one were to encounter a problem with their LF equipment when shooting in London, they would I am almost sure be there to assist a potential 'drop in customer'

Note, I have no personal or financial interest in Teamwork Photo

andrew