WTB: 5x4 ENLARGER

Anything to sell (WTS) or looking for anything specific (WTB)? Anything advertised on this forum comes with the usual "buyer beware" advice; it is up to the purchaser to assure themselves of the integrity of the supplier and item being sold. It is also the responsibility of the seller to ensure that payment is forthcoming before parting with said item.
Nick Wood

WTB: 5x4 ENLARGER

Post by Nick Wood » Tue Jan 23, 2007 1:20 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

I've been hunting for my first LF enlarger for some time now.

Been using a Magnifax with meograde head for all my MF work, so something similar for LF would be nice.

The De Veres I think are too big for my humble home setup.

Just a little LPL would do (oh, and a decent 150mm lens of course)

Am willing (within reason) to collect.

Thanks

Rob Lycett

Post by Rob Lycett » Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:06 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Hi Nick
I have a 5x4 enlarger in storage at the moment. It's an Omega Super Chromega D with a colour dichro head and a stabalised transformer/timer. Last time I turned it on the bulb failed to come on, so I can only assume the bulb broke. Column is wall mounted. It only has a medium format mixing chamber (I used the enlarger for 35mm and MF printing). I have new carriers for 35mm, 6x6 and 5x4. One of my many aborted projects was to get a 5x4 chamber. I no longer have anywher to put the enlarger so it is definately surplus. It also has a three lens turret - but I only have a 150mm Apo Ronar available (a process lens that did well on the enlarger - only f9 though).

This sounds too much of a beast for you, but it isn't going anywhere at the moment. I'm in West Yorkshire, which does mean a bit of a trek (this isn't the kind of thing you post.

I'm happy to let this go for the cost of a few boxes of Polaroid 55 ie around £150.

Nick Wood

Post by Nick Wood » Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:15 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

Thanks for the offer, Rob.

Have done a bit of online research, but I'm not sure how long it would take to source the mixing chamber. Seems that spares would almost certainly have to come from the States.

Does the lens turret take standard thread lenses i.e. would I be able to use the ones I already have for my Magnifax?

I'll continue the mixing chamber search, and let you know if I get anywhere.

Rob Lycett

Post by Rob Lycett » Wed Jan 24, 2007 7:56 pm Etc/GMT-1+01:00

When I bought the carriers a few years back I got them from Morco.