WTS Symmar 210mm

Anything to sell (WTS) or looking for anything specific (WTB)? Anything advertised on this forum comes with the usual "buyer beware" advice; it is up to the purchaser to assure themselves of the integrity of the supplier and item being sold. It is also the responsibility of the seller to ensure that payment is forthcoming before parting with said item.
Charles Twist
Founder

WTS Symmar 210mm

Post by Charles Twist » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:45 am Etc/GMT-1+01:00

For sale is a Symmar 210mm f/5.6 convertible to 370mm f/12. It looks really nice and bright, with both original lens caps. Filter thread is 58mm. There are two small niggles:

1) The glass is beautiful but for a small (less than 1mm square) blemish in the glass of the front element. It's not a bubble or fungus, but most likely a bit of separation. I have never seen any effect on the picture but you should know. It hasn't grown in the 6 years I have had this lens.

2) The Synchro-Compur shutter was serviced 18 months ago and sounds accurate, but (i) the timings are decimal (1, 2, 5, 10, 25 etc) which requires a bit of thought if you have only got base 2 metering and (ii) the B and T settings don't work - it shuts immediately rather than staying open. Using the preview button is a get-around of sorts.

I am not sure what it's worth as values fluctuate a lot. One in full working order seems to go for about £125. So I am open to offers.
I would consider a trade for a Symmar 180mm (convertible) in similar condition, or as part-exchange if yours is in better condition.

Thank you,
Charles